The final SEC East standings

I will NEVER forget that the zebras stole a Legit strip sack scoop & score TD away from us against Ole Piss!!!

We absolutely did WIN that game and would have finished 2nd in the SEC East and would have been ranked.

SEC office needs to hire full-time refs, train them much better and hold them accountable if they want to keep their jobs.

The SEC can easily afford to do this.

VFL...GBO!!!

I will NEVER forget that the zebras stole a Legit strip sack scoop & score TD away from us against Ole Piss!!! We absolutely did WIN that game and would have finished 2nd in the SEC East and would have been ranked. SEC office needs to hire full-time refs, train them much better and hold them accountable if they want to keep their jobs. The SEC can easily afford to do this. VFL...GBO!!!

Zebra-Man, Zebra-Man,
Does whatever a zebra can
Short changes Vols, those zebra putrid flies
Does it with ball placement lies
Look Out!
Here comes the Zebra-Man.
Is he always wrong?
Listen bud,
He's got bribe fever in his blood.
Can he get away with such hanky panky?
Yes, he has the backing of SEC chief Stanky
Hey, there
There he goes again, the Zebra-Man.

Last edited:
I keep saying this and getting laughed at but next year Vols compete for the top spot. Go ahead, laugh.
I don’t see why we can’t compete. We will have a tall order though to actually beat Georgia or Bama. You can lose to one and still win the East but not both usually. I definitely think we will be competitive though.

I keep saying this and getting laughed at but next year Vols compete for the top spot. Go ahead, laugh.

I admire your optimism, but Tennessee currently has neither the quality nor depth of talent on defense to compete with the SEC elites. Yes, they play hard, but they need better Jimmys and Joes. This year, they could not pressure the quarterback without blitzing, and when they did blitz, the DBs couldn't cover well enough playing man-to-man. If that doesn't change, we'll see more of the same on defense next year

Reactions: AdoptedVOL
I admire your optimism, but Tennessee currently has neither the quality nor depth of talent on defense to compete with the SEC elites. Yes, they play hard, but they need better Jimmys and Joes. This year, they could not pressure the quarterback without blitzing, and when they did blitz, the DBs couldn't cover well enough playing man-to-man. If that doesn't change, we'll see more of the same on defense next year

I agree with you for the most part. We’ll see improvement in depth and skill on the D side. I’m a ‘7’ on the NegaVol/SunshinePumper scale (an optimist).

Some pieces need to fall in place for us to be a true competitor for the SEC Championship. we’ll need some breaks to be Champions. I truly believe Heup and staff will surprise with the class of incoming players. I also believe some key players like Tillman and Hooker return.

Q: Is this the first time anyone has gone 0 fir? I mean.... not sure I have seen a 0 in the w column of an SEC team before..... Who's got the stats?

To be fair about UK's schedule, they had LSU and we had Ole Miss as the rotating opponent. Most years, LSU has been the stronger team. It is sometimes a matter of luck of the draw. We have tended to catch Ole Miss when they are up the last few times we played them.

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
I will NEVER forget that the zebras stole a Legit strip sack scoop & score TD away from us against Ole Piss!!!

We absolutely did WIN that game and would have finished 2nd in the SEC East and would have been ranked.

SEC office needs to hire full-time refs, train them much better and hold them accountable if they want to keep their jobs.

The SEC can easily afford to do this.

VFL...GBO!!!

What is funny is that the officiating at Tennessee games has been pretty fair since the mustard/golf ball incident.

Reactions: FïreBall
well ur just stupid then - thanks for the season vols for over achieving
I’m thankful for the overachievers, but you go ahead and celebrate a 3rd place finish in the SECe and I will wait until we win the SECe to celebrate. Let’s be grown ups and not use “stupid.”

The throw by Milton on that play was exactly where it needed to be. If Tillman could’ve gotten up just a couple more inches that’s ballgame.

I never understood why Tillman whiffed on that reception. Looked like he did not even try to make the catch. Not saying that's what happened. It was an eyeblink type situation, but the pass, as you say, was where it needed to be.

Reactions: RockyTop140
I never understood why Tillman whiffed on that reception. Looked like he did not even try to make the catch. Not saying that's what happened. It was an eyeblink type situation, but the pass, as you say, was where it needed to be.

Perhaps the ball to him a little quicker than he had been used to for the last 7 weeks. He sure wasn't at his normal high point.

What is funny is that the officiating at Tennessee games has been pretty fair since the mustard/golf ball incident.
That’s actually true but I hadn’t thought about it. During the Ga game there were a few calls I went “what come on” but pretty good since then.

Perhaps the ball to him a little quicker than he had been used to for the last 7 weeks. He sure wasn't at his normal high point.
I think his legs were gone at that point of the game. I believe you’re right too, milton’s ball is a little hotter than Hooker’s, maybe combination of both of these things.

VN Store

Back