The Dugout - General Topics, Chat, Random Photos and Memes.......No Politics

:) My tummy growled like a big bear after reading this post.

My wife makes homemade cranberry sauce and it’s delicious!!
My mother in law makes a killer dressing and my little sister in law always makes the deviled eggs.
My wife’s cousin always makes a killer homemade banana pudding!!
Lawd I loves me some Thanksgiving!!

My wife makes homemade cranberry sauce and it’s delicious!!
My mother in law makes a killer dressing and my little sister in law always makes the deviled eggs.
My wife’s cousin always makes a killer homemade banana pudding!!
Lawd I loves me some Thanksgiving!!

Shut yo damn mouth, sir. Thank-you.

On November 25 in Baseball History...
  • 1930 - The Sporting News, acting to fill the Most Valuable Player void, announces its selection of Bill Terry as the Most Valuable Player in the National League, and Joe Cronin in the American League.

• 1941 - Lou Boudreau is named player-manager of the Cleveland Indians. Boudreau, at 24 years, four months, and eight days, is the youngest manager appointed this century. Scotland-born Jim McCormick managed Cleveland in 1879 at age 23.

• 1944 - Kenesaw Mountain Landis, baseball's first commissioner, dies of a heart attack at age 78 in Chicago. Landis had ruled over baseball since November 1920 in the wake of the Black Sox scandal, and wielded authority perhaps unparalleled in any other industry. Landis had entered the hospital on October 2. He will be named to the Hall of Fame on December 9 by a special committee that he formed on August 4.

• 1949 - Ted Williams, who lost the Triple Crown when his batting average was.0002 below that of George Kell, wins the Most Valuable Player vote in a landslide. Phil Rizzuto and Joe Page finish second and third in the voting.

• 1966 - Cincinnati infielder Tommy Helms is voted National League Rookie of the Year.

• 1969 - Kansas City outfielder Lou Piniella is voted American League Rookie of the Year.

• 1970 - Yankees catcher Thurman Munson receives twenty-three of twenty-four votes and is named American League Rookie of the Year. Munson batted .302 in 132 games.

• 1972 - Pirates outfielder Roberto Clemente wins his 12th straight Gold Glove, and Dodgers first baseman Wes Parker captures his sixth Gold Glove in a row. Neither will play in 1973.

• 1974 - Mike Hargrove of the Rangers takes American League Rookie of the Year honors.

• 1981 - Rollie Fingers becomes the first relief pitcher ever to win the American League Most Valuable Player Award, edging Oakland's Rickey Henderson, 319-308.

• 1985 - White Sox shortstop Ozzie Guillen, who hit .273 with just 12 errors in 150 games, is named American League Rookie of the Year. Milwaukee lefty Teddy Higuera finishes second.

• 1986 - Jose Canseco wins the American League Rookie of the Year Award, becoming the first A's player to do so since Harry Byrd in 1952.

VN Store

Back