The Dugout - General Topics, Chat, Random Photos and Memes.......No Politics

@cobbwebb0710, the team in aqua is numero uno!

NFL Power Rankings: Dolphins, Eagles soar to the top

1. Miami Dolphins (3-0)
(Last week: 6)

What is the purpose of power rankings if not to reward a team for beating the former No. 1s while remaining undefeated? The Dolphins are probably not the best team in football through three weeks — that would be one of the two teams that follows — but they’re definitely fun. They’ve won thanks to an offensive explosion, as they did in Week 2, and they’ve won thanks to aggressive, timely defense and a little luck, as they had against the Bills. Buffalo outgained Miami 497-212 on Sunday, ran 90 plays to the Dolphins’ 39 and possessed the ball for 40:40 of 60 minutes. Only one other time in NFL history has a team possessed the ball for 40 minutes of a non-overtime game, ran at least 85 plays and gained at least 475 yards and lost — shoutout to the 1996 Jacksonville Jaguars, who were undone by Mark Brunell throwing five interceptions in a 17-14 loss to the Rams. Buoyed by that Week 2 performance, the Dolphins lead the league in EPA per drive on offense and rank 25th in defensive EPA per drive, which probably undersells how good they’ve been. Heavy is the injured back that wears the crown, though, as a difficult trip to play the Bengals on a short week looms for Tua Tagovailoa and crew.
Pinches @cobbwebb0710 ….WAKE-UP!

Thanks just to give you an update, the Hurricane is steering to the south of me which is a bit of a relief because as of last night we were expecting a direct hit. Anybody know where the 3 bald weather guys are, hope they left Clearwater Beach.
That’s great news, under the circumstances!

Does anyone have any info on the 2 baseball/football recruits that visited during the Florida game?
Surely with the atmosphere, win and exposure that CTV got, it had to go well?!

Reactions: VolPack22
That brings about an interesting question: what do you and others consider to be the single most valuable statistic in determining the BEST PLAYER for a season, and correspondingly, for a career? Curious as to what others think.
I think OBP and SLG (OPS) are the two most valuable offensive stats to look at. I used to be all about the Triple Crown stats but as time has gone on I think you understand that getting on base and getting extra base hits are the most important things for an offense.

Reactions: cobbwebb0710

VN Store

Back