The Dugout - General Topics, Chat, Random Photos and Memes.......No Politics

I believe 👆 was known as Merkle’s boner. I’m not kidding.

Edit: yes, this was Merkle’s boner: Merkle's Boner - Wikipedia
1908 was a wild ending to the regular season. Detroit won the American League by 0.5 game over Cleveland on the last day of the regular season. Not sure how they didn’t make them play the same amount of games even if there were rainouts but I would’ve been ticked off if I were Cleveland. The Cubs won the National League by 1 game over Pittsburgh and New York.

Reactions: @1RBFjr
1908 was a wild ending to the regular season. Detroit won the American League by 0.5 game over Cleveland on the last day of the regular season. Not sure how they didn’t make them play the same amount of games even if there were rainouts but I would’ve been ticked off if I were Cleveland. The Cubs won the National League by 1 game over Pittsburgh and New York.
With professional baseball still in its infancy, probably many issues existed.

Very disappointing game from the Braves. Get shutout 1-0. Acuña was held out due to back tightness. The lineup didn’t make any sense to me. Harris and Grissom should’ve been batting 1-2. Instead he slides Dansby and Contreras into those spots? Just another example of malpractice from Snitker. I guess the entire offense other than Riley took the night off as well so it really didn’t matter in the end. Fried didn’t pitch his most efficient game but pitched more than well enough to win and instead took the lose due to a slumping offense. You watch, the Braves will end up losing this division by 1 game. And I will be putting 100% of the blame on Snitker.

After this pathetic game by the Braves last night, I think I don't care anymore for a repeat.
How can you not score just 1 run to tie & then go from there for a chance to win it?
Maybe the Braves players are burned out for some reason. It showed up on them last night.

Reactions: VolPack22
No. 20 Florida Gators square off with No. 11 TN Vols Saturday. Both are ranked since the 2017 game. Kickoff is set for 3:30 pm ET on CBS's nationwide TV broadcast. The Florida Gators have won the last 5 meetings & 16 of 17 between the two teams. Tennessee is sporting a Top 5 offense in scoring, passing & total yards. The Gators are 121st in passing offense with an average of just 141 yards a game. Your Tennessee Vols is a 10-1/2 point favorite, according to SportsDuel fanbook. Let's all hope that the Vols will not let this be a let down game.

Florida's Richardson ranks last among SEC starting QBs in passing yards (423). Tennessee has sold-out back-to-back games @ Neyland Stadium for the 1st time since 2016.

Last edited:
The freaks are definitely out today. Was walking up the strip back from grabbing lunch to-go and some weird dude ripped my bag out of my hand. Grabbed it back, though, so it was all good.
I’ve almost been T-boned or rear ended about 4 times by teenage girls in a Mercedes.
And sorry about the bag professor, I thought it was mine.🤷‍♂️

What was for lunch?

Something fancy enough Prof needed his man bag to carry enough cash to pay the bill.

Lunch was from a new place called "roll on in" that sells sushi burritos (they are essentially much larger versions of rolls). I've been enjoying those lately, so I wasn't going to part with it easily. It's in one of those new apartment units.

And it was a regular old plastic bag, thank you very much @NorCalVol67

Also, I saw a student almost get hit by a car crossing the street and I'm assuming that was @cobbwebb0710 barreling around the corner.

Professor, walking out of Zaxbys after lunch.
View attachment 493266

That was before my lunch was snatched and here is the after

angry-vicious.gif

Lunch was from a new place called "roll on in" that sells sushi burritos (they are essentially much larger versions of rolls). I've been enjoying those lately, so I wasn't going to part with it easily. It's in one of those new apartment units.

Also, I saw a student almost get hit by a car crossing the street and I'm assuming that was @cobbwebb0710 barreling around the corner.

Miller Lite van?

I’ll have to check it out, I have lunch on campus every Wednesday and Friday.
Thanks for the info.

VN Store

Back