The Dugout - General Topics, Chat, Random Photos and Memes.......No Politics

I still think the Vacation Ole Miss, Arkansas, Auburn and Texas A&M took between the SEC tourney and the NCAA Regionals is a big factor... Ole Miss is a completely different team and at one point I thought they were not going to make the tourney.
They did as a 4th Seed in an Average Regional.

Arm Rest, Batting Practice, and able to play loose....Sad but true, but nobody is going to tell that the Rest did not provide those teams with a solid period of recovery and prep for the NCAA Tourney.

I mentioned this a while back and felt it would be a factor... Two of those teams had 10+ days, the other two had 8 & 7 Days I do believe.
It’s also easy to let loose whenever there are no expectations. Our guys played for more than 2 months with a target on their back. It’s easier to play as the hunter as opposed to being the hunted. If you look at all the regular season win leaders in professional major sports, what do all those teams have in common? I guess all those teams were cursed too…

1906 Chicago Cubs / 2001 Seattle Mariners
2015-16 Golden State Warriors
2007 New England Patriots
1995-96 Detroit Red Wings

Here’s a question: Why are you a fan? Seriously, why do you watch or pay any attention to what happens if you expect the worst? The basketball team won its first SECT in 43 years and the baseball team won for the first time in 27 years. Doesn’t sound like a curse to me. If there was one, it is clearly broken. I see you just joined on May 6th, so maybe you are just another Arkansas or LSU troll???

View attachment 465899
Valid points on the SECT wins. Certainly hope you’re right.

Honestly, if an SEC has to win it all, I’d prefer it to be Ole Miss. Seems like a great baseball town and far less obnoxious than Arkansas or Auburn fans. It’s not their football team, so I have no real issue with them. It still sucks to see an SEC team we beat maybe win it all, but I’d much prefer it that way.

As long as it’s not Arkansas….

I’m down with that, but mostly I’m 100% obligated to go against A&M, ND, and Arky (particularly in baseball for the latter). I’m also vehemently opposed to OU, but I think I can talk myself into accepting it. I’m slightly less vehemently opposed to Ole Miss, and think I can get there as well.
24 months ago I would’ve had no problem with and welcomed a national title for Arkansas, as I perceived them to be an intelligent and loyal fanbase, deserving of tasting success given their support of baseball. Fast forward 2 years and we have their odd obsession with us & CTV like a girl hung up on a guy she can’t have (and says she doesn’t want) all the while claiming her current b/f is hotter/better anyway. For that, I now revel in their losses.

So it’s OM for me.

This is why I think people put too much emphasis on winning the WS.
It’s a crapshoot, unlike winning the SEC regular season.

‘This would never happen in basketball or football

Well said.

Baseball is definitely one of those 'just enjoy the journey' sports.

Its a sport where even the worst teams win 1 out of 3 games. Weird stuff happens.

VN Store

Back