The Dugout - General Topics, Chat, Random Photos and Memes.......No Politics

Were you a fan of those isotoner glove commercials?

fifrajkv9qa31.jpg
I have my Dan Marino edition, in my beer van glove box, as we type.

Andrew Schultz is available for the Rule 5 Draft.

"Schultz missed all of the 2021 season recovering from Tommy John surgery. Add in the pandemic-canceled 2020 season and the 2019 sixth-round pick has thrown just 55.2 pro innings over 57 relief appearances. The 25-year-old completely reworked his delivery when he was at Tennessee, turning what had been a very long-in-the-back arm action into one of the shortest arm actions in baseball. He pulls the ball out of his glove, cocks it by his ear and fires it home. Schultz’s control has generally been below-average, and he walked a batter per inning in his late-season stint with Double-A Reading. So why is he an intriguing Rule 5 pick? He has plus stuff that should play in the majors—if he can throw strikes. Schultz’s fastball sits at 96-98 mph and touches 99, but it’s his high-80s slider that is his most effective pitch. He actually commands his slider as well if not better than his fastball, and a team picking him would likely ask him to throw it extremely frequently."
Baseball America

You might want to rethink your offer. You already know my history with the lions. In my entire life (58 years) my team has won only one playoff game that was after the 1991 season.

Also, the year I rooted for Marino against the 49ers, that was his second year in the NFL 1984. Not only did he lose, He never made it back to the Super Bowl retiring in 1999 with his final game being a humiliating 62-7 loss to Jacksonville.

As far as my one and only shirsey. In 1982, Mercury Morris was convicted of cocaine trafficking. He was sentenced to twenty years' imprisonment, with a mandatory fifteen-year term.
Oh and another thing @cobbwebb0710 Dolphins first and only team to win the Super Bowl and go undefeated, Lions first team to go 0-16.

VN Store

Back