The Dugout - General Topics, Chat, Random Photos and Memes.......No Politics

I remember hearing the story of Mr Wrestling ll he was wrestling in Florida in the early 1970s without his mask wrestling as Johnny "Rubberman" Walker. Eddie Graham who was the owner and booker of Championship Wrestling From Florida told Johnny Walker who was 42 at the time that he looked old and should wear a mask, The rest is history. For two years he wrestled in Georgia as Mr Wrestling ll and he wrestled in Florida as Johnny Walker. Mr Wrestling l did the same thing in the Mid Atlantic wrestling sometimes as Tim Woods.

Wrestling was his weekend job before he landed the big time. I always heard he was an financial accountant living & working in Arkansas somewhere like Little Rock.
Stone Cold Steve Austin started out driving a Coke truck when he was discovered by a wrestling booker who was shocked at his size.

Stone Cold Steve Austin started out driving a Coke truck when he was discovered by a wrestling booker who was shocked at his size.

TV channel A&E has the "Wrestling Legends" on TV Sundays. I've watched many of those.
It tell us about the "back story" to these guys & how they started out. I found Edge's story very amusing along with a lot of other profiles.

It would have been cool to coach Glavine,Smoltz and Avery as they were starting out.
I was too young to remember the early 90s teams as I was born in 1991, however by the mid-late 90s I was fully submerged in the e Braves and baseball in general. 90s baseball was a fun time to be a fan.

The Braves play the Phillies in Philly at 7:15. Max Fried 13-6 will be starting for the Braves against 9-5 Ranger Suarez of the Phillies. If the Braves win tonight they will be .5 games behind since the Mets are off tonight. I'm concerned that Max Fried may be getting arm trouble he's been off in his performances the last few games.

The Braves play the Phillies in Philly at 7:15. Max Fried 13-6 will be starting for the Braves against 9-5 Ranger Suarez of the Phillies. If the Braves win tonight they will be .5 games behind since the Mets are off tonight. I'm concerned that Max Fried may be getting arm trouble he's been off in his performances the last few games.

Well, alrighty then.

That Braves game with Philly will be on Fox tonight.

VN Store

Back