The Dugout - General Topics, Chat, Random Photos and Memes.......No Politics

That’s the plan, to be a Volnation insider, if only for a day.
If Maria Cornelius can do it, why not me?

Tutorial:

1. Create a new user name
2. Create a thread in LV forum called "Inside Information: Next Coach is"
3. Post the following on Monday morning (EARLY) like 5 am so people pop in and see it when they log in:

"🔥🏀 Sometimes, the winds of change whisper secrets before the storm arrives. In the hallowed halls of Tennessee, where legends have roamed and triumphs have been many, a new chapter is poised to begin. I've heard murmurs, echoes of conversations meant for few ears, suggesting that the torch is about to be passed. But not to just anyone. To someone who understands the legacy, the passion, and the weight of expectation that comes with leading the Lady Vols. 🧡

Who might this be, you ask? Let's just say, the future looks incredibly bright, and the choice seems to be as inspired as it is surprising. A leader, a visionary, someone who's no stranger to the dance of victory and the resilience in defeat. Keep your eyes on the horizon, for an announcement seems imminent, and it promises to be a game-changer. 🌟

#LadyVols #NewBeginnings #Basketball #StayTuned"

4. Remain quiet. Don't log in or lurk.
5. When TN announces Gottlieb early in the week pop back in to say. "I told you guys you would be happy. Go Lady Vols"
6. never log on with that account again
7. Live in VN lore.

Tutorial:

3. Post the following on Monday morning (EARLY) like 5 am so people pop in and see it when they log in:

"🔥🏀 Sometimes, the winds of change whisper secrets before the storm arrives. In the hallowed halls of Tennessee, where legends have roamed and triumphs have been many, a new chapter is poised to begin. I've heard murmurs, echoes of conversations meant for few ears, suggesting that the torch is about to be passed. But not to just anyone. To someone who understands the legacy, the passion, and the weight of expectation that comes with leading the Lady Vols. 🧡

Who might this be, you ask? Let's just say, the future looks incredibly bright, and the choice seems to be as inspired as it is surprising. A leader, a visionary, someone who's no stranger to the dance of victory and the resilience in defeat. Keep your eyes on the horizon, for an announcement seems imminent, and it promises to be a game-changer. 🌟

5. When TN announces Gottlieb early in the week pop back in to say. "I told you guys you would be happy. Go Lady Vols"
7. Live in VN lore.
You act as though you’ve done this before...
Volstylexx = MIT BEAVER!!
😮

Tutorial:

7. Live in VN lore.
On a serious note, you think Gottlieb is the one?

Tutorial:

7. Live in VN lore.
We've seen the football version a few times.

On a serious note, you think Gottlieb is the one?

If I were AD, she'd be one of the first calls I made. She would be considered a seismic hire in the women's basketball community. She's Hammon but with a proven record in collegiate coaching AND a proven recruiter. Package some NIL money and bring her 5 star freshman and her #1 ranked 2025 class with her. She would be in a final four before we could blink our eyes.

If I were AD, she'd be one of the first calls I made. She would be considered a seismic hire in the women's basketball community. She's Hammon but with a proven record in collegiate coaching AND a proven recruiter. Package some NIL money and bring her 5 star freshman and her #1 ranked 2025 class with her. She would be in a final four before we could blink our eyes.
1712110607578.gif

I'm not familiar with her beyond her success. When you look at the "culture" of the coaches of the other major Tennessee sports teams, would Gottlieb (and her players) fit in relatively seamlessly here?

Had a Bama fan friend stop me today to express his disgust at the officiating. Even complained that there would be no accountability for the officials.

My only complaint about Barnes is that I think he does a disservice to his players by not standing up for them more.

But, really, what do I care? I was streaming the baseball game vs Uga!

It does make me feel better to think that many non-UT (and even Bama!) fans realize that we got screwed!

I’m just gonna put this here…

We’re lucky. Pat built this thing starting when she was about 22 years old. She made about $250/month. Sitting right beside her is…the rest of the story…as Paul Harvey used to say.

For better or worse, this is the end of an era. Maybe it needs to be. Whatever the prevailing opinions are on that front, the picture below encapsulates my lifetime of Lady Vols Basketball.

Not unlike The Pittsburgh Steelers with Coach Noll, Coach Cowher and Coach Tomlin. Only coaches I can remember in my lifetime.

In both cases there were ups and downs, you can’t win ‘em all, at least not from season to season. One hopes for stability, while the ground shifts beneath.

As for College sports in general, that is presently where we find ourselves. There’s no handbook. Not any rules, not enforceable ones anyway.

Pat too, was lucky. She didn’t have to navigate NIL deals, or Transfer Portals.

The end of one is the beginning of another. It’s just the way it goes.

GBO!!!

IMG_3932.jpeg

I’m sold.🤷‍♂️

Interesting comment on TN Athletic Directors on a podcast I just listened to:

Dave Hart hired Rick Barnes
John Currie hired Tony Vitello

Fulmer hired Jeremy Pruitt and Kellie Harper. He's the only AD post-Dickey who hasn't actually given the university something to be proud of.
How long have Woodruff (men’s tennis) and Kredduch (swimming) been coaching at Tennessee? They’ve done well.

Dave Hart also hired Donnie Tyndall. Hart lucked into Barnes because of Tyndall‘s mistakes and the second UT’s mistake.

Personally, I think at times hiring a coach is not much more than an educated crapshoot and a dose of good or bad luck.

Edit: Currie hired Woodruff.

VN Store

Back