The Dugout - General Topics, Chat, Random Photos and Memes.......No Politics

On May 29 in Baseball History...
  • 1976 - The only home run of Joe Niekro's 22-year career comes at the expense of brother Phil as the Astros tie the Braves in the seventh, then win 4-3.

• 1989 - Phillies third baseman Mike Schmidt, 39, retires. He is seventh on the all-time home run list with 548, but was hitting just .203 this season before making his tearful farewell speech.

• 1990 - Rickey Henderson steals his 893rd career base in Oakland's 2-1 loss to the Blue Jays, surpassing Ty Cobb as the A.L.'s all-time leader. Lou Brock's mark of 938 is next.

• 1992 - Tim Raines of the White Sox swipes his 700th career base.

• 1993 - Jose Canseco, who three days earlier had a ball bounce off his head for a home run, pitches an inning in a blowout in Boston. The result? Besides the Rangers' 15-1 loss, Canseco winds up having to undergo season-ending elbow surgery from his ill-advised outing.

Baseball Birthdays on May 29...

Baseball Deaths on May 29...

Heat-Celtics Game 7 tonight. Celtics were down 0-3 and have pushed it to a win or go home scenario in Boston. Teams are 0-150 all-time whenever facing an 0-3 deficit in the playoffs. Grant Williams has an opportunity to be a part of significant NBA history tonight.

:rolleyes: I don't give a rat's ass. But, you get a like just bc. :cool:

Looks like we are going to Clemson and then a potential Auburn Super Regional. I think that’s a pretty favorable draw as a 2 seed. I’m not sold on Clemson.

The saving grace is the super regional draw is much more favorable if we advance. We have the arms and the bats to advance but will need to take down the hottest team in the country in their home stadium to do it.

VN Store

Back