The Dugout - General Topics, Chat, Random Photos and Memes.......No Politics

I have to say that with Soto’s antics, I wouldn’t be too upset if he falters again. Holding your cup and staring down the opposing pitcher is not cool. I would probably hit him right in the numbers if my team was far enough ahead.
Not going to lie, I wish he were the one that got popped with the drug violation instead of Tatis Jr. Can’t stand Soto.

Reactions: cardvolfan
Be glad you’re not a Redbird when it comes to off-season acquisitions.
If you guys had better pitching you might have a shot of winning a World Series. Arenado and Goldschmidt are plenty good enough as everyday players. Same issue the Angels have. They have everything invested in their everyday players but no pitching other than Ohtani.

Reactions: cobbwebb0710
Not going to lie, I wish he were the one that got popped with the drug violation instead of Tatis Jr. Can’t stand Soto.
Me too. He’s just an arrogant guy who thinks he’s above reproach. I don’t know what to expect this year from him, but I wish him nothing but below the Mendoza line.

Reactions: VolPack22
If you guys had better pitching you might have a shot of winning a World Series. Arenado and Goldschmidt are plenty good enough as everyday players. Same issue the Angels have. They have everything invested in their everyday players but no pitching other than Ohtani.
Our pitching, even with few injuries, is going to be suspect, at best. It’s funny that even our defacto head man acknowledged that the Birds didn’t achieve their off-season goals.

Me too. He’s just an arrogant guy who thinks he’s above reproach. I don’t know what to expect this year from him, but I wish him nothing but below the Mendoza line.
It would be glorious if he eventually gets designated for assignment. I know I am asking for too much but as far as least likable baseball players for me it’s Barry Bonds, Alex Rodriguez, and Juan Soto might be right behind them. I dislike him more than Bryce Harper and that’s saying a lot coming from me.

Reactions: cobbwebb0710
It would be glorious if he eventually gets designated for assignment. I know I am asking for too much but as far as least likable baseball players for me it’s Barry Bonds, Alex Rodriguez, and Juan Soto might be right behind them. I dislike him more than Bryce Harper and that’s saying a lot coming from me.
I can agree with that list, for sure.

One unfortunate thing with the new playoff format in MLB started last season is the elimination of tiebreaker games. That means the most games played in a season will never be broken unless the rules change again or a player is traded and the scheduling for their new team forces them to play more than 162 games. Maury Willis once played 165 games in 1962 for the Los Angeles Dodgers. Pretty crazy but there are actually 34 players that have played more than 162 games in a season. I would have never imagined that.

One unfortunate thing with the new playoff format in MLB started last season is the elimination of tiebreaker games. That means the most games played in a season will never be broken unless the rules change again or a player is traded and the scheduling for their new team forces them to play more than 162 games. Maury Willis once played 165 games in 1962 for the Los Angeles Dodgers. Pretty crazy but there are actually 34 players that have played more than 162 games in a season. I would have never imagined that.
That’s some pretty interesting stuff right there, VP. I was in Vero Beach in 2007 watching the Dodgers and Redbirds in a spring training game. Standing with my son on the grounds before the game, and Maury Wills walks right by me, then Davey Lopes. It was pretty cool.

Acuña and Strider are the least of my worries. Those dudes are studs. I’m more worried about Albies staying healthy and a possible regression from Harris and Grissom. I still think we will have a top 4 team in the NL but it just feels like we stayed the same or got a tad worse by losing Dansby coupled with the loss of Freeman the previous offseason, while the other contenders got better. The Dodgers are the only other contender that stayed the same or got worse but they won 111 games so they will still be great.
You better worry about Acuna! We need that guy healthy AND Albies.
I also worry about Harris and Grissom holding up for an entire MLB season.
I’m curious to see what Strider brings now that hitters have had a whole year to study him.

Nootbar, Gorman, Yepez, Contreras.
Jordan Walker and Masyn Winn are both big time prospects and could make the jump from the minors this year.
I wouldn’t count out the Redbirds.

Harper doesn’t bother me but you are spot on with the other 3!

Nootbar, Gorman, Yepez, Contreras.
Jordan Walker and Masyn Winn are both big time prospects and could make the jump from the minors this year.
I wouldn’t count out the Redbirds.
I think the thing that makes the Cards dangerous is they have great young talent who has had VERY good leadership in the clubhouse! They’ve learned how to approach games, practice, situations, learned how to prepare, how handle themselves from some pretty damn good players in Pujols, Wainwright, Arenado and Goldschmidt. That is a huge bonus imo.

That’s some pretty interesting stuff right there, VP. I was in Vero Beach in 2007 watching the Dodgers and Redbirds in a spring training game. Standing with my son on the grounds before the game, and Maury Wills walks right by me, then Davey Lopes. It was pretty cool.
You never know who is going to be at those spring training games!

One of these days I’ll make it to a spring training.
Yeah, if your guys like baseball, it’s a must do. Get a cheap Allegiant flight, rent a car, then go all over Florida and catch some games. It’s pretty reasonable, and there aren’t any bad seats at the facilities, unless you get behind the fat lady who sings towards the end of the games.

VN Store

Back