The Dugout - General Topics, Chat, Random Photos and Memes.......No Politics

I really did miss an entire generation of baseball apparently.
Scott Rolen is a HOFer and now they are talking about Adrian Beltre, Joe Mauer and Chase Utley getting in next year.
Are those guys really worthy of being in the hall?
This is a serious question. I walked away from being a hardcore fan for a while and was just a casual fan. I know these guys were good players but were they all time great good?
Joe Mauer (former Elizabethton Twin) has a lot going for him as a catcher, but his last few years at first base weren’t as stellar as his time behind the plate.

Joe Mauer (former Elizabethton Twin) has a lot going for him as a catcher, but his last few years at first base weren’t as stellar as his time behind the plate.
I remember him being a great catcher and feel like MLB tried to make him the face of the league at one point.
I forgot that he made the move to 1st.

@VolPack22, I think you might like these

664b4086-c2b8-457b-882c-b63284388814-jpeg.533096

If we break out orange jerseys with white “VOLS” script this season, I’ll probably lose my mind.
These are freaking sweet!!😍
Those orange Nikes just set it off!!😎

Scott Rolen is a HOFer and now they are talking about Adrian Beltre, Joe Mauer and Chase Utley getting in next year.
This is a serious question. I walked away from being a hardcore fan for a while and was just a casual fan. I know these guys were good players but were they all time great good?
I tend to agree, when I heard abut Rolen I had to really think back just to remember the name. I hope the HOF isn’t going down the road of being a really good player vs. being a superstar player.

Joe Mauer was one of the best hitting catchers of all-time imo and at least has an MVP to his name. I would vote him in first ballot. Adrian Beltre has nearly 3200 hits and 477 home runs. He was one of the more overlooked players of his generation but always had very good numbers. He should have won MVP in 2004 but there was this big headed freak in San Francisco that stole the award due to juicing. I would vote him in first ballet as well. Chase Utley was a very good player but I would not put him in the Hall of Fame personally.

I tend to agree, when I heard abut Rolen I had to really think back just to remember the name. I hope the HOF isn’t going down the road of being a really good player vs. being a superstar player.
I think the new metrics may skew HOF selections going forward.
I mean, what the heck even is WAR? Then you have bWAR, fWAR...
Maybe I should just end my rant with a good ol, GET OFF MY LAWN!!

The only silver lining to a loss would be that we'd find out if @cobbwebb0710 has he cojones to troll the LV forum after a loss to UConn
I can’t. I hate UCONN and Geno as much as I hate bama, Memphis and Vandy.
I had to turn the channel just now because I can’t watch that trash coach and his team run the Lady Vols out of TBA.
It hurts too much and I can’t do that to my fellow Vol fans.
😞

I think the new metrics may skew HOF selections going forward.
I mean, what the heck even is WAR? Then you have bWAR, fWAR...
Maybe I should just end my rant with a good ol, GET OFF MY LAWN!!
With you having to refresh your memory about Rolen and not loving the new metrics it sounds like you are a “small hall” type of guy.

I was skeptical about Rolen as well.

Joe Mauer was one of the best hitting catchers of all-time imo and at least has an MVP to his name. I would vote him in first ballot. Adrian Beltre has nearly 3200 hits and 477 home runs. He was one of the more overlooked players of his generation but always had very good numbers. He should have won MVP in 2004 but there was this big headed freak in San Francisco that stole the award due to juicing. I would vote him in first ballet as well. Chase Utley was a very good player but I would not put him in the Hall of Fame personally.
If I can’t get Murphy in with 2 MVPs then I can’t give Mauer the benefit of the doubt.
I had no idea that Beltre had those numbers, definitely should get consideration and that’s why I asked the question.
I feel like Utley was just a really good, maybe even great, role player.

With you having to refresh your memory about Rolen and not loving the new metrics it sounds like you are a “small hall” type of guy.

I was skeptical about Rolen as well.
I feel like the baseball HOF was the last pure Hall of Fame and while I think we should certainly recognize guys and their accomplishments, I think we should celebrate a select few.
Barry Bonds and his accomplishments are recognized in the Hall but he should NEVER have a plaque!
Plus, if I’m being honest, I’m extremely salty about Dale Murphy getting snubbed.😜

I can’t. I hate UCONN and Geno as much as I hate bama, Memphis and Vandy.
I had to turn the channel just now because I can’t watch that trash coach and his team run the Lady Vols out of TBA.
It hurts too much and I can’t do that to my fellow Vol fans.
😞

I despise Geno and UConn as well

When I was a student at BC I was in the band that played at hoops and hockey games. We didn’t typically play at women’s hoops games, with the exception of the UConn game. Of course, since we were bad and BC is about an hour from Storrs, the crowd for that game was all UConn fans. So, I’m in my own home stadium getting harassed by a bunch of UConn fans. So nah, not a fan of that tool.

When I was a student at BC I was in the band that played at hoops and hockey games. We didn’t typically play at women’s hoops games, with the exception of the UConn game. Of course, since we were bad and BC is about an hour from Storrs, the crowd for that game was all UConn fans. So, I’m in my own home stadium getting harassed by a bunch of UConn fans. So nah, not a fan of that tool.
Should’ve shoved a trumpet straight up their huskie ...

Wait. There was a band for the hockey games!?! Did they play ‘Cold As Ice’? What else were staples?
It must be a yankee thing 😉

VN Store

Back