The Dugout - General Topics, Chat, Random Photos and Memes.......No Politics

I was in factory work for 38 years & I know how people will stab you in the back to get ahead in life. I worked beside some "friends" that would be promoted on down the line as you put time in. Then they turn around after getting promoted & lord it over you the next day & act like they don't know who you are.

Military is the same way…you can serve with someone for years but when they get promoted or become an officer, they act like they never knew you

Ok guys honest answer...I been at same job for 22 and half years...they changed rules for supervisors job you have to be a lead so I bidded on 1st shift job and got it...clerk got who's been there 15 years got 3rd shift lead job...and 1st shift lead got his clerk job...which I got and now hes stirring trouble for me...he dont get if he didn't go to 3rd the job didnt open...any help...or he just dont understand
If he is saying stuff directly to you then I would just set him straight and tell him you don’t have to like me but we have to have a good working relationship in order for this thing to operate. If he’s going behind your back and you are hearing stuff second hand then I would go to him and see if he needs to get anything off his chest to clear the air. If nothing changes then you’ve got no other choice than to report it to HR. If you enjoy working where you are at, other than this one person then I would see no need to leave. However, if there are other things you have grown tired of, sometimes a change of scenery is best for your overall happiness.

I can say that I had the same job for the past 12+ years but will be starting a new one in about a week. But that’s because I decided to go back to college a couple years ago and pursue what I originally wanted out of high school. It was more of a nagging regret that I would always have and I didn’t want to look back and ask myself “what if”. But as @W.TN.Orange Blood stated, that’s something you are going to need to decide for yourself. Hope everything works out for you.

Your post didn't irritate me. I don't know why you'd feel that way. I hadn't seen you all day & you happen to finally show up to make a post. We're all buddies in here. I was trying to make a little humor in it as well. It's a Sunday & fans are out & about & have other things to do. Sorry it came across that way to ya.

My bad. I misinterpreted your post. I’ve always respected your comments as you were always one to make me feel welcomed.

Your post didn't irritate me. I don't know why you'd feel that way. I hadn't seen you all day & you happen to finally show up to make a post. We're all buddies in here. I was trying to make a little humor in it as well. It's a Sunday & fans are out & about & have other things to do. Sorry it came across that way to ya.

Thanks for responding. I just edited my post

My bad. I misinterpreted your post. I’ve always respected your comments as you were always one to make me feel welcomed.

Thxs. Sometimes, I can get sarcastic in my post. But mostly, I kid around 99.9%. My wjfe gets pissed at me bc she still doesn't know at times when I'm trying to show my kind of humor. She thinks I'm always a serious person .... but no.

Any help recommend bud .ty for your service...btw

I’ve always kept work and personal life separate. Not saying I wouldn’t go get drinks with someone I work with or have conversations with them, but I’m also not inviting them over.

I’ve always lived by the philosophy that if you do the right thing, someone is always watching and things will bounce your way eventually.

I’ve always kept work and personal life separate. Not saying I wouldn’t go get drinks with someone I work with or have conversations with them, but I’m also not inviting them over.

I’ve always lived by the philosophy that if you do the right thing, someone is always watching and things will bounce your way eventually.

I had a group of guys I worked with that were younger than I at the time. But they thought I was a cool old dude to hang out with & all 5 of us would go places & do things after work. I miss those guys still to this day.

Ty this helps...may call on you later

Dead gum it ... I'm ready to go to bed & don't feel like staying up to the wee hours watching this game. Thank-God, I don't live in the ET zone where it's already 11:15. People in Atlanta are used to this type of punishment.

So with the news that Mark Appel is finally being called up to the majors at the ripe age of 30, I figured we could do a little trivia without the use of the interwebs. Can anyone name the 4 remaining number 1 overall picks to never make it to the majors?

2021 Henry Davis (hasn’t been a pro very long, so no surprise here)

Here are the other 3:

https://calltothepen.com/2020/05/14/mlb-draft-4-first-overall-picks-never-make-show/2/

https://calltothepen.com/2020/05/14/mlb-draft-4-first-overall-picks-never-make-show/3/

https://calltothepen.com/2020/05/14/mlb-draft-4-first-overall-picks-never-make-show/4/

Reactions: chuckiepoo and MAD

VN Store

Back