The Dugout - General Topics, Chat, Random Photos and Memes.......No Politics

My first year following baseball for an entire year and here is my conclusion.
It’s the hardest tournament to win out of any sport.

————————————————————-

Ole Miss vs Oklahoma Final
This is the match up everyone expected, right?

Ole Miss one of the last 4 in

8C37B9C8-B904-4FD8-AD30-9CBFC08283AD.jpeg

Oklahoma, worst odds to win the series of the final 8 teams, yet only team to go 2-0.

033F0048-3DE7-407F-9E11-F56FBB5ADA68.jpeg

But that said, makes me love college baseball even more, it’s truly the greatest.
So unpredictable, humbling and entertaining.

My first year following baseball for an entire year and here is my conclusion.
It’s the hardest tournament to win out of any sport.

————————————————————-

Ole Miss vs Oklahoma Final
This is the match up everyone expected, right?

Ole Miss one of the last 4 in

View attachment 466984

Oklahoma, worst odds to win the series of the final 8 teams, yet only team to go 2-0.

View attachment 466985

But that said, makes me love college baseball even more, it’s truly the greatest.
So unpredictable, humbling and entertaining.
Whoever made these odds were giving Ole Miss a ton more credit than I was. I would’ve picked anyone in the field ahead of them, especially Arkansas, A&M and Stanford.
🤷‍♂️
GBO!!

Whoever made these odds were giving Ole Miss a ton more credit than I was. I would’ve picked anyone in the field ahead of them, especially Arkansas, A&M and Stanford.
🤷‍♂️
GBO!!
None of them were getting anywhere the odds Tennessee was getting when there were 64 teams, people were betting Vols vs the field which was insane.
For Ole Miss That’s still 83% chance they weren’t winning it.

🤷‍♂️
GBO!!

They do have some pitching.

Which we absolutely hammered for about 30 runs.

But, the Sooners aren't as good as us. Proof in point...we beat them 8-0.

Yeah, I would have picked ole miss near the bottom of that group.

They do have some pitching.

Which we absolutely hammered for about 30 runs.

But, the Sooners aren't as good as us. Proof in point...we beat them 8-0.

Yeah, I would have picked ole miss near the bottom of that group.
The odds were all over the place.

4335192C-8417-494E-BD42-3D009B442430.jpegE4B93281-34CF-4CC8-AAA2-E3009C7BE10A.jpeg

Didn’t realize some had The Irish so high?

So with the news that Mark Appel is finally being called up to the majors at the ripe age of 30, I figured we could do a little trivia without the use of the interwebs. Can anyone name the 4 remaining number 1 overall picks to never make it to the majors?

So with the news that Mark Appel is finally being called up to the majors at the ripe age of 30, I figured we could do a little trivia without the use of the interwebs. Can anyone name the 4 remaining number 1 overall picks to never make it to the majors?

I know dumb & dumber is not in the top two of the 4.

trivia-night.gif

I know dumb & dumber is not in the top two of the 4.
😂 I’m interested in seeing the answers people come up with. The first MLB Draft was in 1965. That will be the only hint 😁

Also I didn’t know this until today, but starting with the 2023 draft, they will be switching to a lottery for the teams that don’t make the playoffs. Hopefully tanking won’t be as prevalent.

Hey Astros fans, I see you have a no hitter going. I’m not trying to jinx you or anything by mentioning it 😜

VN Store

Back