The Downfall Of Tennessee Football

I finally watched this and I agree with this guy 100%. UT is backed into a corner where the only option is to fight it’s way out and weather the storm. These are kids that live in the bubble that is Knoxville and really just need our support. Regardless of what’s happened so far this year, the 2019 coaching staff from top to bottom has as impressive a resume as any Top 10 staff in the country. And, like he said, the recruiting class seems intent on staying together. It will be an amazing story once the program gets back on track. The difficult part is figuring out when that will be. The way this team played on Saturday looked like a Top 10 program handling business against a cupcake. To me that means this team has ability but is wildly unstable. Which perfectly sums up the state of the program. All we can do is fill up Neyland and cheer these guys on.

How’s that Top 10 program doing with its business today?

Someone had to hire Hamilton. You had Shumaker followed by Peterson during the time of transition from Dickey to Hamilton. Shumaker was forced to resign under scandal and Peterson couldn't get along with the Chancellor at UTK. Hamilton only cared about the money. Nobody was minding the store during a critical time in the football program when Fulmer was on the downswing of his successful career.

Well, sort of argues in favor of someone who clearly LOVES the university to be watching over things....oh, I don't know, someone like Big Jim Haslam.

But no, you guys hate that name. For some stupid reason that you are never really able to articulate, other than "meddling."

Fifty years of being an alum and faithful Vol fan and time was that big games like this were like life and death. Now, the truth is, I don't give a damn. I can switch the dial to watch more competitive games and catch the Vol's score in Sunday's paper.

I can switch the dial to watch more competitive games and catch the Vol's score in Sunday's paper.

Unless the game ends after about 6 p.m., in which case there'll be a box saying the game was too late for their new early deadlines and check it out online.

VN Store

Back