The Dog's Top Ten

The Dog

Because I Can
Ok, right now, UT has 18 commits. I know, we will probably have some decommits, but I made this list under the assumption that UT doesn't lose any of their highest rated commits. So here is my Top Ten WANTS :

10., 9., 8. Katron Evans, 6'4, 320 lbs., DT, MD - the big DT, UT needs badly. Aaron Willis, 6', 200 lbs., LB, MD - teammate of Evans at St. Francis, another elite LB. Kaidon Salter, QB, TX - Patrick Mahomes 2.0, imo, one of the best dual-thrrat QBs in the country. I grouped all 3 together, because they are more or less, done deals and will be committed before Mother's Day is over with
7. Trinity Bell, 6'7, 250 lbs., TE, AL - UT needs a TE and this kid is almost as big of a lock as the 3 kids above.
6. LJ Johnson, 6'2, 185 lbs., RB, TX - Top 5 RB that supposedly contacted our coaches this week. Don't really think UT needs another RB in this class, but if u can get this kid, u take him.
5. Kaemon Marley, 6'2, 205, Ath., NC - my man @griddie says he is a Balla WR and nobody knows NC like him
4. Jahvaree Ritzie, 6'5, 275 lbs., SDE, NC - probably going to UNC, but is another elite pass rusher and I want 'em all
3. Small Mondon, 6'3, 220 lbs., OLB, GA - 5 star beast, 'nuff said
2. Amarius Mims, 6'7, 315 lbs., OT, GA - best OT of this class and a 5 star, once again, 'nuff said
1. Terrion Arnold, 6'2, 180 lbs., CB(S,imo), FL - combo of Deon Grant and Eric Berry, imo. Plays the pass like Deon, hits like EB, good friends with Kamar and Rucker, I like UTs chances

Really weird that some in state guys aren't jumping on the bandwagon. Granted, a little less talent this cycle, and on rivals 3,4,5 are commits out of state, but you'd think some high ranked midstate guys in top 10 are a take...for talent, and building for future? That being said, they're obviously working their plan. If you think about it, I like what they're doing, getting UT commits in early this year. You never know how the rest of the year evolves, from a recruit travel stand point, and if we can get the majority of our class committed, it's easier to play defense with momentum on your side....selling the vision.

I like your list - may slide Hudson Wolfe in there and I'd probably move 10, 9 & 8 up to 1, 2, 3 at this point. Those guys could be huge and at the very least will provide critical depth at key positions. Evans, Willis and Salter will also continue the momentum and allow more big fish to take notice. When they commit it will be yuge.

Reactions: The Dog
Ok, right now, UT has 18 commits. I know, we will probably have some decommits, but I made this list under the assumption that UT doesn't lose any of their highest rated commits. So here is my Top Ten WANTS :

10., 9., 8. Katron Evans, 6'4, 320 lbs., DT, MD - the big DT, UT needs badly. Aaron Willis, 6', 200 lbs., LB, MD - teammate of Evans at St. Francis, another elite LB. Kaidon Salter, QB, TX - Patrick Mahomes 2.0, imo, one of the best dual-thrrat QBs in the country. I grouped all 3 together, because they are more or less, done deals and will be committed before Mother's Day is over with
7. Trinity Bell, 6'7, 250 lbs., TE, AL - UT needs a TE and this kid is almost as big of a lock as the 3 kids above.
6. LJ Johnson, 6'2, 185 lbs., RB, TX - Top 5 RB that supposedly contacted our coaches this week. Don't really think UT needs another RB in this class, but if u can get this kid, u take him.
5. Kaemon Marley, 6'2, 205, Ath., NC - my man @griddie says he is a Balla WR and nobody knows NC like him
4. Jahvaree Ritzie, 6'5, 275 lbs., SDE, NC - probably going to UNC, but is another elite pass rusher and I want 'em all
2. Amarius Mims, 6'7, 315 lbs., OT, GA - best OT of this class and a 5 star, once again, 'nuff said
1. Terrion Arnold, 6'2, 180 lbs., CB(S,imo), FL - combo of Deon Grant and Eric Berry, imo. Plays the pass like Deon, hits like EB, good friends with Kamar and Rucker, I like UTs chances
Done deal or not, If you believe Salter is Pat Mahomes 2.0 he should be 1 on your list imo.

If you add 10, you gotta lose 3. We also probably need another olineman and a kicker. Just guesses here:
I think you see Howard drop off. Never like losing an East TN kid, but there's just not room at RB to keep him.

On that note, I think you see Tiyon Evans drop if we get Johnson. Proven depth will be low at RB next year, but Gray is the obvious starter. They took 3 in the 2020 class (may change positions, but hasn't happened yet), and Brown and Johnson would both push for carries as Freshmen. That all makes a large workload for Evans seem unlikely.

I'll got with Nate Evans at the 3rd as I don't know much about him, and he's in VA.

If you add 10, you gotta lose 3. We also probably need another olineman and a kicker. Just guesses here:
I think you see Howard drop off. Never like losing an East TN kid, but there's just not room at RB to keep him.

On that note, I think you see Tiyon Evans drop if we get Johnson. Proven depth will be low at RB next year, but Gray is the obvious starter. They took 3 in the 2020 class (may change positions, but hasn't happened yet), and Brown and Johnson would both push for carries as Freshmen. That all makes a large workload for Evans seem unlikely.

I'll got with Nate Evans at the 3rd as I don't know much about him, and he's in VA.

I think Howard was recruited as a DB. Won’t be affected by RB recruiting

That would be a great finish but I would like to see them add at least one more OL (in addition to Mims) & one more DL (in addition to Evans). Would like to see Pennington & either Page or Dawkins to help solidify the line for the future. Winning in the trenches makes everyones else's job easier.

Posted this elsewhere, but based on needs, I think the breakdown should go something like 1QB, 2RB,3WR, 1TE, 4OL, 6DL, 3LB, 4DB. That would be 24, leaving a spot for best available. Not sure if we have any room to over sign.

Imagine a class of:

QB- Salter
RB- Brown and LJ Johnson
WR- Nixon, Mosley, Kaemon Marley
TE- Bell or Matavao
OL- Mims, Smith, Pennington, and one of Fairchild/Griffin/Pounds

DL/Edge- Brooks, Page, Ritzie, Evans, Washington, Jackson
LB - Lewis, Mondon, Willis
DB - Wilcoxson, Rucker, Terrion Arnold, Isaiah Johnson

That would leave a spot for best available. Would love a 5* CB like Grimes. And would also love to keep the JUCO RB, but if you have to choose between a 2yr guy and a 4yr guy, I'd go with the 4yr guy. No offense to our current commits not on the list, but I'm just spitballing what would cover our needs with solid players.

The problem is there are so many guys I'd love to sign, but no space to do it. I hate the 25 rule, lol. Need to up it to 30. :)

Posted this elsewhere, but based on needs, I think the breakdown should go something like 1QB, 2RB,3WR, 1TE, 4OL, 6DL, 3LB, 4DB. That would be 24, leaving a spot for best available. Not sure if we have any room to over sign.

Imagine a class of:

QB- Salter
RB- Brown and LJ Johnson
WR- Nixon, Mosley, Kaemon Marley
TE- Bell or Matavao
OL- Mims, Smith, Pennington, and one of Fairchild/Griffin/Pounds

DL/Edge- Brooks, Page, Ritzie, Evans, Washington, Jackson
LB - Lewis, Mondon, Willis
DB - Wilcoxson, Rucker, Terrion Arnold, Isaiah Johnson

That would leave a spot for best available. Would love a 5* CB like Grimes. And would also love to keep the JUCO RB, but if you have to choose between a 2yr guy and a 4yr guy, I'd go with the 4yr guy. No offense to our current commits not on the list, but I'm just spitballing what would cover our needs with solid players.

You think Evans, Wright, and Howard should be processed?

You think Evans, Wright, and Howard should be processed?
I think you get the best talent you can. I don't like seeing kids processed. I hurt for them when it happens. But this is what CFB has become. You take the guys you think best help your team. And I'm not saying we get all of those guys. I'm just saying that would be a solid class based on what I perceive as our needs. I'm not one of the coaches, so I trust whatever they end up doing.

You don't have the ATH from WV? He's practically in our own backyard
Isiah Johnson ? If I had done a top 12, he would have been it it. One of the last one's I cut along with Pennington, Colson and Kollie

Edit: Tony Grimes, CB, VA. I simply forgot about for some reason. Love his game. So, Grimes, Johnson, Colson, Pennington and Kollie would round out #11 - #15

Last edited:
Isiah Johnson ? If I had done a top 12, he would have been it it. One of the last one's I cut along with Pennington, Colson and Kollie

Edit: Tony Grimes, CB, VA. I simply forgot about for some reason. Love his game. So, Grimes, Johnson, Colson, Pennington and Kollie would round out #11 - #15

Gotta have one of I. Johnson, Grimes, or Green on here. We have no corner depth after Taylor, Thompson, and Burrell (still unproven). If one of the Juniors jumps to the NFL after this season we will be hurting badly at corner. Need a guy who can play right away.

Gotta have one of I. Johnson, Grimes, or Green on here. We have no corner depth after Taylor, Thompson, and Burrell (still unproven). If one of the Juniors jumps to the NFL after this season we will be hurting badly at corner. Need a guy who can play right away.
Arnold is listed at CB, like I said I think he is a Safety, but u make a valid point, that's part of the reason they are 11 - 15. We need a kicker, this cycle, too, imo

Green just got a CB to Clemson.

I didn't know they were going to move him. Still, we probably need to lose 6-7 guys assuming we keep and get all the guys we have committed and want.
Not a sure thing. Callahan said the other day that DB was expected, but he had a big year at RB last year, so he could still end up at rb.

Bump, just Because I Can and #10 - #8 are done deals with Evans committed. I'm also adding Miles Campbell, TE out of Georgia and Payton Page, DT out of NC as #16 and #17

VN Store

Back