The disney insanity continues

Amusement parks update and modernize rides all the time. I don't remember anything wrong with Splash Mountain, but if the new branding reaches out to the next generation then good for it.

Maybe nostalgia is an idol?
339D0B7C-F820-4412-BDB4-2BD38EAC3781.gifNever😂

Disney apologizes to couple whose marriage proposal was thwarted by employee

Disney said it has apologized to a couple whose now-viral marriage proposal was interrupted by an overzealous employee.

The viral video first posted on Reddit last week showed a man getting on one knee to propose to his girlfriend on a platform in front of the Sleeping Beauty Castle at Disneyland, Paris.

Mid-proposal, an employee rushes up and snatches the ring box out of the man’s hands and ushers the couple off the platform, the video shows.

Disney apologizes to couple whose marriage proposal was thwarted by employee

I'm 40 and "kids" my age don't even know those characters. The fact that it's the same old splash mountain still is mind blowing.
I’m 53 and had to google “song of the south” to get the story. I really don’t remember much about it. It has been past time for Disney to update a lot of their rides.

Reactions: Sandman 423
I'm 40 and "kids" my age don't even know those characters. The fact that it's the same old splash mountain still is mind blowing.
Same, although I remember thinking the ride was cool when I was little.

I just can’t even begin to imagine being in a place where politics is so central to my life that I’m getting bent out of shape about a decision to update a 3 decade old amusement park ride that I’ll probably never ride because my politics demand that I hate the company that runs the park.

Talk about a miserable existence.

'Why castrate the character HE owns?!' Patricia Heaton Blasts 'stupid' Disney Bosses for replacing Tim Allen with Chris Evans in Toy Story spin-off Lightyear

Patricia Heaton has blasted 'stupid' Disney bosses for replacing Tim Allen with Chris Evans in the new Toy Story spin-off film Lightyear.

Taking to Twitter on Tuesday, the actress, 64, defended her friend, 69, who voiced Buzz in the Pixar franchise's four original movies between between 1995 and 2019.

She claimed they made a 'huge mistake' for re-casting her pal, going so far as to say they 'completely castrated this iconic, beloved character'.

Over two tweets, the Everybody Loves Raymond star began: 'Saw the trailer for Buzz Lightyear and all I can say is Disney/Pixar made a HUGE mistake in not casting my pal Tim Allen in the role that he originated, the role that he owns.

Patricia Heaton blasts 'stupid' Disney bosses for replacing Tim Allen with Chris Evans in Lightyear | Daily Mail Online

Reactions: VOLSONLY
Producer for Gay Teen Romance Comedy Says Series’ Move to Disney+ ‘Expands Our Audience in a Really Exciting Way’

The showrunnner of the gay teen high school rom-com series Love, Victor has praised Disney’s decision to move the show to Disney+ after first releasing it on Hulu, saying the family-friendly streaming service will give the show a bigger audience.

Disney reportedly developed Love, Victor for Disney+ but ultimately chose to release it on Hulu, which is geared for older viewers, due to the show’s frank depiction of gay teen sexuality.

WARNING: Disgusting Photo
Producer for Gay Teen Romance Comedy Says Series' Move to Disney+ 'Expands Our Audience in a Really Exciting Way'

Nolte: Disney’s Big, Gay ‘Lightyear’ Is the Latest Woke Box Office Flop

Lightyear, the latest piece of child grooming media from the predators at the Walt Disney Co., is looking like a box office catastrophe, which is only a surprise to those who don’t live in the real world.

Gee, what do you think will happen when you add some high-profile homosexuality to a kiddie movie?

Nolte: Disney's Big, Gay ‘Lightyear’ Is the Latest Woke Box Office Flop

grooming Backlash — Disney Stock Collapsed Nearly 50% in Year
Good. All the Gay/Pride programming they’re pushing on Disney + is disturbing. I’ll never renew my subscription. I don’t even think that Netflix or other streaming services push the LGBQT agenda on children as hard as what I’ve discovered with Disney.

Good. All the Gay/Pride programming they’re pushing on Disney + is disturbing. I’ll never renew my subscription. I don’t even think that Netflix or other streaming services push the LGBQT agenda on children as hard as what I’ve discovered with Disney.

Yeah, I cancelled mine. If I need an old disney movie, I'll buy a used one.

Reactions: Franklin Pierce

Noticed that. Pride everything blasted all over Disney+. I'm just trying to watch some Star Wars.

Disney CEO Bob Chapek to Reel In $20M yearly bonus despite controversies

bob-chapek-disney-ceo-1.jpg

Disney CEO Bob Chapek will nab a $20 million bonus every year, fresh on the heels of winning a three-year contract extension despite recent upheaval at the company over hot-button political issues.

The details of Chapk’s three-year contract were revealed in a recent SEC filing, which said that the beleagured exec will reel in “no less than” $20 million annually on top of a $2.5 million base salary.

That’s despite Chapek’s fumbling response to Florida’s “Don’t Say Gay” law, in which he at first stayed silent on the issue, and then, amid employee outrage and protests, condemned it. The Florida law bans the discussion of gender identity and sexual orientation for kids in kindergarten through third grade.

Disney CEO Bob Chapek to reel in $20M yearly bonus

Disney To Hike Price Of ESPN’s Streaming Service By 43%
disney-espn-price-hike-feat-image.jpg

Disney plans to pole-vault the price of leading sports cable channel ESPN’s streaming service, according to a new report.

Beginning Aug. 23, ESPN+ will cost $9.99 a month or $99.99 per year — a 43% hike from its current price tag of $6.99 a month or $69.99 a year, Sports Business Journal reported.

Disney to hike price of ESPN+ by 43%

Reactions: davethevol
Disney To Hike Price Of ESPN’s Streaming Service By 43%
disney-espn-price-hike-feat-image.jpg

Disney plans to pole-vault the price of leading sports cable channel ESPN’s streaming service, according to a new report.

Beginning Aug. 23, ESPN+ will cost $9.99 a month or $99.99 per year — a 43% hike from its current price tag of $6.99 a month or $69.99 a year, Sports Business Journal reported.

Disney to hike price of ESPN+ by 43%

Pass. Wait till the new 20 team SEC conference signs a contract that shows the games on ESPN+ as already happening. Money sellouts. All this expansion is reducing the representational voice of each school. B'ham and Snaky will approve though

VN Store

Back