The Dallas Cowboys football circus thread

With 28 flags, we all lost that game. IDK how this seems to consistently happens to the Cowboys in their place, but that last PI was garbage. Who cares if he didn't turn around, there was almost no contact. It actually happened earlier the other way, no call. We needed 28 penalties, tho. Couldn't land on 27.

Man, that defense is ridiculous. Yeah it was Washington, but still. If you compare it to last year it is insane what Quinn has done. I hope he stays. Maybe he realizes that he can do much better staying as a DC rather than being the HC at some team that sucks bad enough that they fired the coach.

Man, that defense is ridiculous. Yeah it was Washington, but still. If you compare it to last year it is insane what Quinn has done. I hope he stays. Maybe he realizes that he can do much better staying as a DC rather than being the HC at some team that sucks bad enough that they fired the coach.
And then there was last week...

I've already read two articles, one stating that McCarthy may be fired, and Jones may promote Kellen Moore to keep him on staff, and another saying that McCarthy may be fired, and Jones may promote Dan Quinn to keep him.

Either way....McCarthy screwed up. Jones said, (in a nutshell) "You don't have this much talent and then not compete."

I was a huge fan before we got the Oilers/Titans in Tennessee. Now they’re one of my most hated teams, funny how that works.

Dak showed his level of competency in the game and now off the field.
This will go down as the most bone headed decisions in playoff history.
McCarty will get fired, a new staff will come in and Dak will be starting over again.
If Jerry is going to fire McCarthy I think Moore will get the HC job. Jerry likes Kellen Moore like he wanted Garrett for years.

If Jerry is going to fire McCarthy I think Moore will get the HC job. Jerry likes Kellen Moore like he wanted Garrett for years.
I think what we will see is Jerry making a gentleman's agreement with Moore to be the OC/associate HC and keep McCarthy for another year, then Sean Payton will decide he would like the job. Making Moore the associate HC makes it harder for other teams to get him because of the job title. Moore would remain for a year with Payton, then get a HC gig.
Honestly, I think Jerry has already worked a deal behind the scenes for Payton *COUGH tampering COUGH* and has already cut him a personal check.

I think what we will see is Jerry making a gentleman's agreement with Moore to be the OC/associate HC and keep McCarthy for another year, then Sean Payton will decide he would like the job. Making Moore the associate HC makes it harder for other teams to get him because of the job title. Moore would remain for a year with Payton, then get a HC gig.
Honestly, I think Jerry has already worked a deal behind the scenes for Payton *COUGH tampering COUGH* and has already cut him a personal check.
It wouldn’t surprise me if Jerry is interested in Payton in the future but he’s under contract with the Saints for 3 more years I think. Any deal with Payton will have to meet the Saints demands for compensation. I doubt anyone has paid Payton anything.

NO looks like an upcoming mess. Payton doesn’t want to deal with a rebuild. I think that’s all there is right now.

I was a huge fan before we got the Oilers/Titans in Tennessee. Now they’re one of my most hated teams, funny how that works.

When I lived in Knoxville during my childhood a lot of my friends liked the Cowboys since they were one of the south’s adopted teams. I hated them as a kid because they won all the time and got constant publicity. However, looking back there wasn’t really any reason to dislike Staubach, Pearson, Dorsett and Landry. I have more positive feelings about those teams now. Now the sleazy Jimmy Johnson, Jerry Jones era - despised them. Michael Irvin and Deion Sanders always running their mouths. The way they kicked Landry to the curb. For some reason I never cared for Aikman either. Today’s Cowboys- I’m neutral. They really haven’t been relevant in a while.

With the first pick in the 2023 NFL draft, the Dallas Cowboys select...
No, they won't be that bad, but after what I saw before Dak broke his thumb they will have a top 10 pick. That offense is terrible. I guess Payton will be on the sidelines next year for Dallas. McCarthy will not last if they don't turn it around. I think he will get some grace due to circumstances, but if they miss the playoffs, he is likely gone.

VN Store

Back