The Dallas Cowboys football circus thread

I would guess 2-3 games - the idiot wont keep his name out of the news

The incident was from last year. No charges have been filed. There are texts out there from his GF asking her friend to lie to the police. If he abused her he deserves to sit. Either the NFL knows something the police doesnt or.....?

Reactions: 1 person
The incident was from last year. No charges have been filed. There are texts out there from his GF asking her friend to lie to the police. If he abused her he deserves to sit. Either the NFL knows something the police doesnt or.....?

Every previous domestic case since Ray Rice's video, had acknowledgement by the player or a police report backing the victim's story. The NFL seems to be banking on some cellphone selfies. My obvious question would be why weren't these alleged injuries photographed by the police as part of her complaint? She could have taken them anytime in the past year. If there's more that supports her story, good...there needs to be. They need to release everything to head off the legal wrangling to come.

20748368_1586158061430876_4507650457270073092_o.jpg

Including Zeke, the Cowboys will have lost 104 games due to suspension since 2014.

That's 39 more games than any other team over that span.

Dallas Cowboys: Cowboys owner Jerry Jones: Any player who is 'disrespectful to the flag' won't be allowed to play | SportsDay

I think this is a bad business move.
Good way to split the team. There's more to life than dollar signs says... the owner of the Dallas Cowboys?

Hopefully all these protests will settle. Wonder if the NBA will get into the act.

The nba players trust and respects their commissioner. Adam silver has said that there would be no kneeling, and I trust that the players will adhere to that.

Also worth noting too that nba players seem to get more freedom to express themselves on social media and outside of the locker room.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
From what I understand the NBA and NFL has pretty much the same language but the NFL commissioner lets it slide.

"The game ops manual has an ambiguity being used for those who don't want to enforce it -- the word 'should' stand for anthem is their ambiguity, but how can it be ambiguous when it cites the potential penalties of fines, suspension or loss of draft picks for failing to adhere?" Jones asked.

Dallas Cowboys: Cowboys owner Jerry Jones: Any player who is 'disrespectful to the flag' won't be allowed to play | SportsDay

I think this is a bad business move.
Good way to split the team. There's more to life than dollar signs says... the owner of the Dallas Cowboys?

Hopefully all these protests will settle. Wonder if the NBA will get into the act.

I don't like Jerry but this was brilliant. He knew he had a bye so there are now two weeks to get this nailed down

I don't like Jerry but this was brilliant. He knew he had a bye so there are now two weeks to get this nailed down

The bye week is certainly in his favor. Also there is apparently a little-known rule about standing for the flag that Jerry possibly learned of from the Trumpster.

Then theres the big owner's meeting over it that the Commish is calling.

Still, I wish they'd just get back to football. I don't watch football for a civics lesson. And, though I'm not a Cowboys fan, I'm pulling for Jason Witten of course.

I was hoping that Ryan Kalil being back would help the OL play. Sadly mistaken, so far. Can't run the ball and can't pass protect either. WTF?

While I think that the NFL is giving Zeke a raw deal, I am also 100% certain there is a lot more to the story than we will ever know.
The NFLPA also has a share in this in that they agreed to give the commish the power he has to do what he has done. And now that a couple of star players have been given suspensions, the union is all butthurt.

My thinking is the NFL should not have to authority to investigate crimes, real or fabricated, if the police have dropped the whole thing.

However, almost every place of employment has some form of code of conduct and behavior detrimental to the employer. In that sense I can see the NFL suspending Zeke. But there really is no hard evidence that says he did what he is accused of.

I think the NFL is using the power the union has given it in whatever way it sees fit. There have been other cases recently of players arrested, but not suspended by the NFL. And the NFL has stated they will not suspend them. Why?

Interesting database. NFL Arrest-Database - NFL Football - USA TODAY

Last edited:
And now he's suspended.

Now he can play again.

Now he's suspended again.

Now he can play again.

Now it's Istanbul, not Constantinople

VN Store

Back