The cough

Might have a bit of acid reflux. It can cause a chronic cough that neither gets worse nor better. Given the high stress and long hours of his job, as well as his body build, would not be surprising at all.

There's medicine the docs can prescribe for it. And it's possible he's already on some, keeping it under control without eliminating it entirely.

I think he is an undiagnosed asthmatic. If he took a daily medication, I think it would go away. A lot of asthmatics cough / lose breath when talking. I know the daily medication transformed my life. I was also in a high pollution city which amped it up to 11. Knoxville is much better there and he seems to have a milder case.

Probably allergy related.....................I have the same ! Lots of talking , yelling at practice and ballgames will aggravate it, thus making it worse. Post nasal drip , abnormal dryness in your throat etc caused by allergies. I know from experience.

A lot of us who are really fair skinned/light haired or redheads for some reason, are allergic to just about everything in the air lol.. I can literally start coughing from choking on air or trees are blooming or someone mowed the grass lol

Copenhagen doesn't make me cough, so it can't be that.

When it comes to physical reactions to anything, there is no one size fits all. Coffee is supposed to perk you up, and does just that for my wife and my own family members. I drink one cup, if I dare sit down and stay still for 5 minutes, I go to sleep. Not nap, but sleep to the point I have to be literally shaken to a groggy half-awake state. Using your own reaction to something doesn't mean it's the same for someone else. Josh's cough could be due to some food he likes to eat. Or drink. Coke makes me cough, so does Pepsi, but not RC Cola (when I can find it). Salmon sickens my daughter, she pukes if she eats it. But I love salmon, so does my wife. One size, just doesn't fit all.

It's well known that he has allergies. It's full-on ragweed season so let's put 2 n 2 together. It seems to be much better managed than last year.
YEP - I usually have to change up my daily OTC allergy med during ragweed season and add in a nasal spray like Flonase too...for ragweed sufferers, it's brutal this time of year.

VN Store

Back