The constructive what do we do about ISIS and the Taliban thread

At this point I'm more concerned about our idiotic military leaders as much as I am about our idiotic politicians. The military should have been able to come up with a plan to leave Afghanistan years ago that would have shrunk things down and eventually left instead of engineering the biggest cluster F of the last 10 years. The next congress and president need to clean house in the top military ranks before they destroy us with white rage training and trans crap in the military.

I'm patiently trying to get this through to you all skulls... there was never any real intention of leaving. They were going to find a reason to drag a few more years/decades out of this. And looks like a lot of you are buying into the hype after Wednesdays attack. "We need to go in there and smoke'em out", "send more troops", "not one left behind..." blah blah blah

The military guys you were depending on to have an exit strategy had no incentive of creating one because the M.I.C. pays well after retirement and those contractors and suppliers are gonna need consultants.

I'm patiently trying to get this through to you all skulls... there was never any real intention of leaving. They were going to find a reason to drag a few more years/decades out of this. And looks like a lot of you are buying into the hype after Wednesdays attack. "We need to go in there and smoke'em out", "send more troops", "not one left behind..." blah blah blah

The military guys you were depending on to have an exit strategy had no incentive of creating one because the M.I.C. pays well after retirement and those contractors and suppliers are gonna need consultants.
I sincerely hope this isn't true. If the military is dictating what we do, we no longer have a country.

I'd generally agree with you, but I think public opinion has swung hard on this one about getting out.

But not to fear! Another, even better conflict zone will be coming to a theater near you soon!

I sincerely hope this isn't true. If the military is dictating what we do, we no longer have a country.
I'm not sure if it is the military going rogue or if it is other entities in Washington that are directing all of this.

All I can say, with certainty, is that Joe Biden is not calling the shots. If he can't control who he calls on after these press conferences, he ain't coordinating activities halfway around the globe.

I'd generally agree with you, but I think public opinion has swung hard on this one about getting out.

But not to fear! Another, even better conflict zone will be coming to a theater near you soon!
Yeah, we haven't graced Southeast Asia in a while, I'm guessing uncle Joe and company will drag us into that quagmire with China.

I'm not sure if it is the military going rogue or if it is other entities in Washington that are directing all of this.

All I can say, with certainty, is that Joe Biden is not calling the shots. If he can't control who he calls on after these press conferences, he ain't coordinating activities halfway around the globe.

Remember the fiasco in Syria that got Esper fired in the last days of the Trump Admin? When they kept troops in Syria against POTUS orders?

At this point I'm more concerned about our idiotic military leaders as much as I am about our idiotic politicians. The military should have been able to come up with a plan to leave Afghanistan years ago that would have shrunk things down and eventually left instead of engineering the biggest cluster F of the last 10 years. The next congress and president need to clean house in the top military ranks before they destroy us with white rage training and trans crap in the military.

The things you spent your post complaining about have nothing to do with white rage training or trans people

Remember the fiasco in Syria that got Esper fired in the last days of the Trump Admin? When they kept troops in Syria against POTUS orders?
Yeah, I just posted a link today about James Jeffrey and how he boasted about lying to Trump about troop numbers in Syria.

I'm thinking Africa or Central or South America.
If Africa, it will be on the Horn of Africa. Although, it is interesting that Nigeria and Russia this week announced some sort of military/defense agreement. Also, I know in the 1970's we were interested in Angola. But now with Afghanistan falling to China, that might force TPTB to look at DRC for their mineral resources.

If South America, obviously Venezuela, with Bolivia and Ecuador way further down the list.

Yep, we’ll have to attack someone so they can paint Biden as a leader with a backbone.

Apparently the alert comes from Afghanistan refugees

Yes, but how much worse could it be if that terrorist family of ten - with their explosive water jugs - had not been taken out in a blaze of "secondary explosions" glory! I'd like to see the video corroborating Miley and Austin's premature confirmation of a righteous kill by those secondaries.

The entire debate on pulling troops was based on the false implication that we had ground troops fighting, when in reality the Afghans had been doing that grunt work for years. Our involvement was providing air support to bail Afghan troops out when under duress, the same way our forces fight, and keep Taliban to the agreement of not attacking Western personnel or Afghan government. The conversation that "they won't fight for their own liberty, why should we" was simply false; 50K Afghan military dead attest. Take away that air support and predictably they will fall apart, just like our own troops; Prez Afghani told Biden they were under full assault by Pakistani-backed Taliban and they couldn't hold without the U.S. support. Biden stopped answering his calls. Their slandering by our government and Western media to protect Biden is pretty despicable.

The conversation should have been whether to leave the 2500 non-combatant & air strike capability there to continue propping up the government, whether another decade or two, or not. Whether Trump or whether Biden was making the decision. We don't keep our promises to anyone, anymore.

BTW, WE STILL HAVE AT LEAST HUNDREDS OF AMERICANS THERE, THAT NO ONE IN THE ADMINISTRATION TALKS ABOUT.

Last edited:
Reactions: VolnJC

VN Store

Back