The Chicken Sandwich War

Cane's is winning the war at my house. 3 years ago I tweeted to CFA we need a new location because I have 3 equidistant from me, all 5 miles away, so rush hour dinner is never happening. No new locations since but there are now 2 Cane's within 2 miles. Accessibility is 9/10 of the battle

Reactions: volfanhill and MAD
Reactions: MAD
Chick fil A is good. Popeyes is good. KFC is good. I’ll probably try the Zaxby’s one and maybe the BK one. I wouldn’t attempt to order anything from Hardee’s outside of breakfast.
Hardees is way better than everything you listed except for CFA… Burger King shouldn’t even be in the convo

The Ch’King is a reason to pull into a BK when it’s what’s open. Highway driving from Greenville into Georgia, I exited for fuel with a rumbling tummy. The only restaurant open was the BK drive through. Ch’King combo hold the mayo was hot & fresh. BK fries threw me back to the ‘60s. Taste the same as they did then. I do prefer other chicken sandwiches, but a hot fresh Ch’King is worthwhile. It could have been the Dr. Pepper messin’ with my taste buds… :p

Reactions: VolFaninFla and MAD
The Ch’King is a reason to pull into a BK when it’s what’s open. Highway driving from Greenville into Georgia, I exited for fuel with a rumbling tummy. The only restaurant open was the BK drive through. Ch’King combo hold the mayo was hot & fresh. BK fries threw me back to the ‘60s. Taste the same as they did then. I do prefer other chicken sandwiches, but a hot fresh Ch’King is worthwhile. It could have been the Dr. Pepper messin’ with my taste buds… :p
Now I want one.

Cane's is winning the war at my house. 3 years ago I tweeted to CFA we need a new location because I have 3 equidistant from me, all 5 miles away, so rush hour dinner is never happening. No new locations since but there are now 2 Cane's within 2 miles. Accessibility is 9/10 of the battle
Canes is also a better product. I am a big CFA fan. But Canes is something else. Not one near me however

Reactions: vader and MAD
Had a Chick-fil-A original with waffle fries and iced tea this past Saturday. I was reminded why it is the standard by which all others are measured.

Always consistent. Agreed. When you get a good Popeyes one, I think it's better. But it's a gamble to go to a Popeyes. CFA is never a gamble. Lol.

Reactions: Juanita and MAD
Just hit this arbys diablo chicken sandwich challenge. It comes with a small vanilla shake to cool your mouth. Basically, it's not as hot as say... bw3's mango habanero sauce, but it will leave a small fire in your mouth and belly. It's a ghost pepper sauce that they saturate the bun in. The flavor is there, but the sandwich could be better. The chicken patty was a thin patty, and there was no pickles or anything, just bun, shredded lettuce, and sauce.... lots of sauce. make sure you have extra napkins, keep your hands away from your face, and be near a pot soon. really not as bad as it sounds, it tastes good. Diablo Chicken Sandwich & Free Shake - Order Online | Arby's Menu

Just hit this arbys diablo chicken sandwich challenge. It comes with a small vanilla shake to cool your mouth. Basically, it's not as hot as say... bw3's mango habanero sauce, but it will leave a small fire in your mouth and belly. It's a ghost pepper sauce that they saturate the bun in. The flavor is there, but the sandwich could be better. The chicken patty was a thin patty, and there was no pickles or anything, just bun, shredded lettuce, and sauce.... lots of sauce. make sure you have extra napkins, keep your hands away from your face, and be near a pot soon. really not as bad as it sounds, it tastes good. Diablo Chicken Sandwich & Free Shake - Order Online | Arby's Menu
Sounds like it doesn’t live up to the hype

Well, I have to be careful about the hot stuff, because I tend to like it hotter than many. I'm a pepper fan, and grow exotic hot peppers... so I'm kind of used to it. Someone else might find it too hot. I think a lot of folks know the bw's mango habenero sauce, and that's hotter. The sauce has a nice sweet side. It's tasty, but the sandwich it's self could be better quality. I would eat it again tho.

Don’t know if this is new or not, had the McDonald’s chicken biscuit sandwich yesterday from the breakfast menu, it’s really good.

88EE7301-E8A8-4013-A839-FAD086E7DCB9.jpeg

Reactions: Juanita
Didn’t realize that hot chicken sandwich’s were such a big Nashville thing.

12 Hot Chicken Chain Restaurants Ranked Worst To Best
Not too long ago, Prince’s and Boltons were it. It was something that was mostly only appreciated in the black community. There was a small hot chicken festival for awhile, although I’m not sure what happened with that event. Hattie Bs pretty much created a new product through a combination of location, consistency of product, and beer sales. There are still bad feelings and debates about cultural appropriation in some circles. I go to Hattie Bs every now and then because I think their chicken is way better than what you’ll get at either of the originators, and that goes for whether or now you get it hot. I usually order Damn Hot and peel off most of the skin. I tried Shut the Cluck Up once and did eat some with skin on and it was painful.

I tried Jacks coming through Alabama and it was evidently a CFA copy but crunchier.

VN Store

Back