The Chicken Sandwich War

Every now and then, I’ll put up with the queue at Chick-fil-A. Best run fast food restaurant I’ve ever seen.

Curbside delivery. Just pull up and browse Volnation while you wait for them to run out your food. Forget the drive through.

At a newer CFA recently that didn't have a dining room. Had 2 drive through lanes with a conveyer system sending food to the second drive through station. Each lane had 5 people working outside taking orders and handing out food. It was amazing.

Anyone know if this is the type of store going in near Cedar Bluff?

Curbside delivery. Just pull up and browse Volnation while you wait for them to run out your food. Forget the drive through.

At a newer CFA recently that didn't have a dining room. Had 2 drive through lanes with a conveyer system sending food to the second drive through station. Each lane had 5 people working outside taking orders and handing out food. It was amazing.

Anyone know if this is the type of store going in near Cedar Bluff?

They do this at my CFA here in Charlotte.

Reactions: MAD
The Chick-fil-A that I visited had two drive through lanes with staff outside, indoor dining, and reserved space for curbside pick up. The staff was top notch. The franchisee knows how to operate and should be enjoying excellent return on investment.

Seen lots of double drive through lanes but this was the first time I've seen a second building connected with conveyer system. It was cool to see.
We’ve got one too. They fill the drink cups in the second (tiny) building and provide the napkins etc, but everything else comes from the main kitchen. I’d almost buy bad food there just to admire the gadgetry.

All of the fast food “spicy chicken” sandwiches are woefully WEAK.
Now if Hattie B’s made a sandwich 🔥

Reactions: vader
Had the Arby’s fried chicken sandwich for lunch, yesterday. It was served hot and fresh. The bun was soft, but substantial enough to hold up. Lettuce, tomato & mayonnaise accompanied the chicken breast cutlet. Had I known, I would have requested no mayo. It was applied liberally and made for messy eating. Overall, it was better than what one might expect from a roast beef joint.

Gotta say, the LT treatment works best on a fried chicken poboy with remoulade. JMHO

Went by the Twilight Zone KFC and found their drive thru closed. They need staff and have chosen service at their inside counter.

Alas, the last time I drove by the Twilight Zone KFC, they were not open. It will sadden me if the first and possibly only preternaturally clean KFC producing hot, fresh food ceases to operate.

VN Store

Back