The Chicken Sandwich War

Well, if anybody can give CFA a run for the money on people, it's Pal's. But Pal's doesn't have a fried chicken sandwich.

Sidebar:
Pal Barger was on a cruise ship 10 or 15 years ago and it was "attacked" by Somali Pirates. They ran a cartoon in the paper showing these terrorists on their boat and one says "what are you eating?" the other said "All I know is I called that guy a big chicken and he threw this tasty sandwich."

I went into Pals 3 or 4 days ago and I had no intention of buying a Barbecue "dog". This young lady comes to the window and she said "Would you like a Bar-B-Dog?" and I had to admit, yes, I probably would like that. There was no way to deny it. And then she asked me if I would like slaw on it, an again, I had to admit I probably would in fact like that too. I figure honesty is the best policy. Always room for a wafer thin mint. Or a Bar-b-dog.

I listened to some very misguided people on here and tried a Bojangles steak biscuit. If you think that's better than the cajun filet you need help. Even with egg and cheese I don't think you could church it up to equal. My disappointment is immeasurable, and my day is ruined.

I listened to some very misguided people on here and tried a Bojangles steak biscuit. If you think that's better than the cajun filet you need help. Even with egg and cheese I don't think you could church it up to equal. My disappointment is immeasurable, and my day is ruined.
Who said that?

I concurred that my go to Bojangles biscuit is steak/egg/cheese. I also enjoy the cajun filet from time to time. Especially with the pimento cheese added. That's a gamer all on it's own. But my go to has always been their steak egg and cheese...when they don't leave off the egg and cheese I pay for. But, that's another story.

You got a bad one then. It’s the best biscuit they have by a mile.

And I love the Cajun filet biscuit.

Reactions: GVF and MAD
I'm not big on "steak" biscuits. To me, the Cajun Filet is the best and its not really close.

I tried the new Zaxbys signature sandwich the other day. It was pretty good. Better than Popeyes and McDonald's for sure. Don't think its as good as BK and Hardees though.

A few moons ago, I was in a Publix, getting some mortadella with pistachio nuts sliced for me. In the sandwich line next to me, I watched a relatively new employee overstuff a fried chicken tenders sub. I got my deli and timed my entry into the sandwich line to have the best chance that she would serve me. I was lucky and ordered the fried chicken tenders sub. She must have stuffed six of those into that sub roll. It was overflowing when she asked what else I wanted on it. I spared most and asked that she toast my sub in the oven. The result was one heck of a chicken sandwich - tenders, a spartan schmere of creole mustard, and dill pickle chips.

A few moons ago, I was in a Publix, getting some mortadella with pistachio nuts sliced for me. In the sandwich line next to me, I watched a relatively new employee overstuff a fried chicken tenders sub. I got my deli and timed my entry into the sandwich line to have the best chance that she would serve me. I was lucky and ordered the fried chicken tenders sub. She must have stuffed six of those into that sub roll. It was overflowing when she asked what else I wanted on it. I spared most and asked that she toast my sub in the oven. The result was one heck of a chicken sandwich - tenders, a spartan schmere of creole mustard, and dill pickle chips.
You’re gonna make me go to Publix

Publix fried chicken is darn good, too.

Reactions: Wireless1 and GVF

Dude, that wasn't just her. It's Publix. My son will get the orange and blue there. Chopped up tenders. Rolled in Hot sauce. Stuffed until they can barley wrap it. Blue cheese dressing as well. Their Cuban is also quite good for a make shift Cuban. I always get that. And FTR, Publix fried chicken is the best in town.

I tried the new hand-breaded chicken sandwich from Burger King for lunch, the Ch'King. That is the absolute worst chicken sandwich I've ever had. The only thing Burger King does well is the Whopper.

Reactions: MAD
I tried the new hand-breaded chicken sandwich from Burger King for lunch, the Ch'King. That is the absolute worst chicken sandwich I've ever had. The only thing Burger King does well is the Whopper.

Their tendercrisp use to be good. Somebody actually told me the new one was good. Debating on even trying it now.

VN Store

Back