The Chicken Sandwich War

Popeyes is actually pretty good. It doesn't hold a candle to CFA and isn't as good as Zaxby's, but it's pretty good. Their problem is that every single Popeyes I've been to is dirty and slow as hell.

Reactions: SpecialKVolfan20
Kingsport must have the only Popeyes on earth without customer service problems. I've never had an issue there. Wendy's on the other hand, sheesh.

Reactions: VolNExile and MAD
Popeyes is actually pretty good. It doesn't hold a candle to CFA and isn't as good as Zaxby's, but it's pretty good. Their problem is that every single Popeyes I've been to is dirty and slow as hell.
Every single Popeye’s is dirty and slow as hell but they are actually pretty good???🤔🤔

I tried the Zaxby’s sandwich tonight. It was good but not great. Probably 4th behind CFA, KFC, and Popeyes.

Kingsport must have the only Popeyes on earth without customer service problems. I've never had an issue there. Wendy's on the other hand, sheesh.
I’m plotting on going there tomorrow. I forgot there was one here. Kingsport is like an alternate dimension. I’ve seen so many cars here I didn’t think existed anymore. And no one knows how to drive. And my mom still thinks I care that someone who I don’t remember and graduated four years after me is having another kid. It’s wild.

Reactions: JCHateSteve
I’m plotting on going there tomorrow. I forgot there was one here. Kingsport is like an alternate dimension. I’ve seen so many cars here I didn’t think existed anymore. And no one knows how to drive. And my mom still thinks I care that someone who I don’t remember and graduated four years after me is having another kid. It’s wild.
Don't forget, we also give directions based on landmarks that no longer exist anymore. I call the intersection of Eastman Road and Fort Henry Drive "Brook's Circle". It hasn't been a circle since before I was born. ;)

Don't forget, we also give directions based on landmarks that no longer exist anymore. I call the intersection of Eastman Road and Fort Henry Drive "Brook's Circle". It hasn't been a circle since before I was born. ;)
Eons ago, I delivered lost luggage that the airlines had finally found. I would get these directions over the phone at 2 am in the dark wilderness of rural Blount County to “turn left where the pig farm used to be.” Alas, after 20 years, the smell of the pig farm had faded…

Every single Popeye’s is dirty and slow as hell but they are actually pretty good???🤔🤔
I have been to the one on Ulmerton Rd twice, once understaffed so they were closed in the middle of the day, the other time they sad they were out of food.
One on Missouri was okay.

The McDonald's chicken sandwich is pretty good. I also like Wendy's as well.

Been wanting to try Hardee's new sandwich but the local Hardee's is now closing at 2pm due to lack of employee's.

Reactions: 508mikey and MAD
For me chick fil a is the best and everything else is a distant second.

I'd put Popeyes sandwich below the aged heat tray chicken at your local Weigels. I love CFA but I don't understand how anyone can eat those soggy pickles. They need to serve the pickles on the side or just let go of the whole notion.

Reactions: 508mikey and MAD
Hardees, McDonalds and Zaxbys are dog food compared to Popeyes chicken sandwich.

CFA and KFC are good alternatives.

Haven't tried the BK version.

I was underwhelmed with the Zaxby’s one. The one they use to have was better.

Reactions: MAD
I'd put Popeyes sandwich below the aged heat tray chicken at your local Weigels. I love CFA but I don't understand how anyone can eat those soggy pickles. They need to serve the pickles on the side or just let go of the whole notion.

The pickles are wonderful.

If you ask for extra pickles on your CFA sammich, it’s a game changer.

Reactions: VolFaninFla and MAD

VN Store

Back