The Chicken Sandwich War

Chick fil A is good. Popeyes is good. KFC is good. I’ll probably try the Zaxby’s one and maybe the BK one. I wouldn’t attempt to order anything from Hardee’s outside of breakfast.

Reactions: MAD
Zaxby sandwich has Zax sauce on both top and bottom bun. Kinda of overwhelming. Might want to special order and hold the sauce on one bun

I’m not a zax sauce fan and always tell them to substitute with mayo or another sauce if I get tenders. I’ve always like their sandwiches more than everything else they offer. The crinkle fries are pretty good and also the cheddar bites.

Reactions: Ace and JCHateSteve
I’m not a zax sauce fan and always tell them to substitute with mayo or another sauce if I get tenders. I’ve always like their sandwiches more than everything else they offer. The crinkle fries are pretty good and also the cheddar bites.
However good the Zaxbys one is, it's going to have a hard time beating this for me.
2617ddfad3911db86e211f80cf62d91bb2718c27.jpg

it's impossible to navigate poplar at chik-fil-a
plus poplar drivers often reckless, or headcases

Plus Poplar Avenue tries to fit 7 lanes plus drainage areas into an area wide enough for 4 lanes. And since the state took over maintenance of the road a couple of years back, the road conditions/potholes are awful within the 240 loop.

Plus Poplar Avenue tries to fit 7 lanes plus drainage areas into an area wide enough for 4 lanes. And since the state took over maintenance of the road a couple of years back, the road conditions/potholes are awful within the 240 loop.
absolutely one of the worst places to drive in tennessee.....i used to think kingston pike was way too narrow

You haven’t been to the Wendy’s on Charlotte pike in Nashville
it's impossible to navigate poplar at chik-fil-a
plus poplar drivers often reckless, or headcases
absolutely one of the worst places to drive in tennessee.....i used to think kingston pike was way too narrow
I was able to handle Poplar just fine. The challenge came when I turned off Poplar into the parking lot. I’ve tried the drive-through, and I’ve tried going inside, and both are hopelessly gripped into a battle to the death of suckitude.

Oddly, Poplar doesn’t bother me that badly, other than trying to find a #%*^{=+}<$£€ parking space at Corky’s. But when I was making two trips a day from my mother’s house on Shady Grove (non-fancy end between Perkins and Mendenhall) to her nursing home on Cordoba, via Walnut Grove, I don’t know if I’ve ever been so terrified in my life.

I was able to handle Poplar just fine. The challenge came when I turned off Poplar into the parking lot. I’ve tried the drive-through, and I’ve tried going inside, and both are hopelessly gripped into a battle to the death of suckitude.

Oddly, Poplar doesn’t bother me that badly, other than trying to find a #%*^{=+}<$£€ parking space at Corky’s. But when I was making two trips a day from my mother’s house on Shady Grove (non-fancy end between Perkins and Mendenhall) to her nursing home on Cordoba, via Walnut Grove, I don’t know if I’ve ever been so terrified in my life.

taken that route often, it can be very nasty

Reactions: VolNExile
How come Popeye's drive-thru is so damn slow?
Because they hire damn slow employees. I’ve pulled up to a Chick Fil A drive through and thought that it would take a long time because all the lines were busy. But they move the lines efficiently and fast.

They have the best sandwich and customer service of all the fast food restaurants IMO.

Last edited:
Because they hire damn slow employees. I’ve pulled up to a Chick Fil A drive through and thought that it would take a long time because all the lines were busy. But they move the lines efficiently and fast.

They have the best sandwich and customer service of all the fast food restaurants IMO.
Chik fila pays employees $14 here in Arkansas. Minimum wage is $11. You get what you pay for.

Chick-FIL-a is #1. No one else is really close. They use regular chicken you’d buy at the store for their sandwiches. Not sure anyone else does. Everyone else seems to use some sort of processed something.
This.

When Popeyes ran out of their original sandwiches a couple of years ago, it took several months for them to restock. That's because they are pre-made and frozen.

Meanwhile, Chick Fil A chicken is made fresh.... and they never run out. Its like they can feed 5000 people off of one breast and two buns.

CFA has been the best for a while for taste and just the quality of chicken they use. McDonald's new one is better but still well behind. I tried the new Hardee's chicken sandwich that has the Belgian waffles instead of a bun and it was just about on par with CFA. It was really good.

Popeyes served me the worst chicken sandwich I have ever had. Greasy, soggy, mess and unevenly cooked. I tossed it.

I have no issue with their chicken but I won't buy another sandwich from them.

Popeyes is nasty. Never eat there again.

VN Store

Back