The Chicken Sandwich War

Taco Bell chicken sandwich advertised heavily during the Georgia/Clemson game.

Reactions: MAD
Taco Bell chicken sandwich advertised heavily during the Georgia/Clemson game.
image.jpg

This looks like a war crime, or something you'd make up when drunk at 4am. In other words, classic Taco Bell.

Once again, I visited the Twilight Zone KFC. As before, it was preternaturally clean, the staff was attentive, well-spoken, and positive, and the food was hot and fresh. Alas, they are not perfect. I ordered my chicken sandwich with pickles and no mayonnaise. They served me a sandwich without pickles and with mayonnaise. Having used the drivethru and not willing to backtrack, I scraped off the mayo and ate it anyway.

Reactions: JCHateSteve and MAD
Heard that Popeyes has a new super spicy chicken sandwich, anybody try it?

The last week or so I have been in Walmart a couple of times in the middle of the day and have gotten three of their crispy chicken sandwiches on two different occasions out of the warmer they have by the checkout lanes. It's nothing fancy just the chicken and the bun and it comes with a packet of polynesian style sauce.

However I have to say out of the new sandwiches I have tried I would rank it ahead of McDonald's, Hardee's and Burger King.

The last week or so I have been in Walmart a couple of times in the middle of the day and have gotten three of their crispy chicken sandwiches on two different occasions out of the warmer they have by the checkout lanes. It's nothing fancy just the chicken and the bun and it comes with a packet of polynesian style sauce.

However I have to say out of the new sandwiches I have tried I would rank it ahead of McDonald's, Hardee's and Burger King.
Publix has been doing the same thing, they aren’t bad.

Finally got around to trying KFC’s new chicken sandwich for 3.99. Let me critique the sandwich before I get into the drama. The sandwich was pretty darn good. Decent size of breast filet and the breading wasn’t too heavy. They actually spread the Mayo around the bun instead of glopping it in the center. This is 1 of the top 4 Id say.

Now the drama. It really matters when you get your food at KFC, at least on Cedar Bluff. Going at night is an absolute gamble. I asked the guy if he had the ingredients for the sandwich before ordering, the answer was yes. Ok, fine. I get my order pull into a spot to add ketchup and what do I find when I pull off the bun? Two damn chicken tenders laying on the bread like I’m some dumba$s and wouldn’t notice that shlt. I was in a hurry and didn’t want to deal with it so I ate it. 10 minutes later I call the store and ask for the manager. He says he is the manager and it was the same voice that took my order at the drivethru. I explain the situation which of course he already knew damn well. He said he was sorry he was out of the filets (or just didn’t want to thaw anymore out) and that I could come by the next day and get the right order for free. I said thanks for the apology but just be honest with people if you don’t have the item and tell them, don’t try and rip them off just for a sale. I would have ordered something different If you said you don’t really have it. That isn’t how you manage. I dont think it mattered in the end because I’m quite sure this fool was ripping people off all night and not giving a shlt. He even got my friends order wrong too. Why do people have to try and purposely be shady? Two days later I got my sandwich replacement in the late afternoon and that leads back to the first part of my post.

The Mickie D’s chicken sandwiches are missing something. They taste like they’re missing something. AND, they effed up a decent chicken biscuit (now, these feature the missing something chicken). Bad move McDumbass.

The closest Popeye’s to me closed. I’m not driving any distance to get Popeye’s food, not even their fish sandwich.

Bojangles chicken sandwich is meh. It could be a Costco breaded chicken patty on a bun.

The Chicken King is hard for me to judge because of the character at the drive thru. She’s older and says, “Now, you don’t like this chicken sandwich, you come on back and we’ll fix you another one special.” She’s a hoot!

And then there’s the Twilight Zone KFC. That place is a dimensional shift. I keep returning because it’s surreal.

VN Store

Back