The Championships, Wimbledon

Murray may only have to wait on the US Open to pick up a slam if he maintains this level. He moved past some major career hurdles this week. Lendl was the right move. He played well enough to win.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

2012-07-08T164937Z_1865875287_TB3E8781AQJHB_RTRMADP_3_TENNIS-WIMBLEDON.JPG

Murray may only have to wait on the US Open to pick up a slam if he maintains this level. He moved past some major career hurdles this week. Lendl was the right move. He played well enough to win.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

He played well enough to win for a while. His gameplan appeared to be "wait for Federer to miss a backhand", and then when that didn't happen, it didn't seem like he had a backup plan.

I became a Murray fan, though. I thought his post-match speech was very sincere and classy.. I definitely want him to get a major now.

Oh, and the things I would do to Pippa Middleton are illegal in 23 states and Gaum. I just checked.

Pippa: Don't feel bad that every girl in the stadium wants to trade places with your sister. Because there isn't a single guy in the stadium thinking about your sister. No no. They are imagining you naked; thinking about your lovely backside. And I'm just one of the guys, baby. So whaddaya say we get outta here? Do you like American games? I've got one you're sure to enjoy: it's called "just the tip". Perhaps the royal suite is presently unoccupied?

I'm a big fan of Pippa if you can't tell.

William went with Kate only because Pippa wasn't available or perhaps wasn't digging him. Because, if both are available and I have my choice, I'll go with Pippa after thinking about it for appx. .000034 seconds.

Post Wimbledon wrap up, as if you care.

(1) Honestly, an improbable get for Federer. This sort of makes up for the 2009 U.S. Open title he let slip away with all due respect to the thrashing Delpo eventually delivered in set 5. Unbelievable accomplishment in itself, but to also regain the Number 1 world ranking and break another Sampras record: Improbable.

(2) Concerned about Djokovic's level. He says he was sick for the SF. Maybe. I think he might be getting frustrated that he can't find his 2011 level as easily. He is fully capable of psyching himself out.

(3) Not concerned about Nadal's 2nd round loss. He got steam rolled. It happens. Although as Memphis points out, he did claim knee tendinitis after that match.

(4) Murray is less hated today than he was by tennis fans Sunday morning. He is known to go away after a slam loss in a final. However, he should take a lot of positives away from yesterday. He should be a slam champion by this time next year.

(4) Finally, Volnation semi-volleyed a drop shot over the net and obliterated the previous tennis slam post count high mark in this thread. Always we try our best, no?

I'm a big fan of Pippa if you can't tell.

William went with Kate only because Pippa wasn't available or perhaps wasn't digging him. Because, if both are available and I have my choice, I'll go with Pippa after thinking about it for appx. .000034 seconds.

Not a chance for me. Pippa has some growths that bother me.

(1) Honestly, an improbable get for Federer. This sort of makes up for the 2009 U.S. Open title he let slip away with all due respect to the thrashing Delpo eventually delivered in set 5. Unbelievable accomplishment in itself, but to also regain the Number 1 world ranking and break another Sampras record: Improbable.

(2) Concerned about Djokovic's level. He says he was sick for the SF. Maybe. I think he might be getting frustrated that he can't find his 2011 level as easily. He is fully capable of psyching himself out.

(3) Not concerned about Nadal's 2nd round loss. He got steam rolled. It happens. Although as Memphis points out, he did claim knee tendinitis after that match.

(4) Murray is less hated today than he was by tennis fans Sunday morning. He is known to go away after a slam loss in a final. However, he should take a lot of positives away from yesterday. He should be a slam champion by this time next year.

(4) Finally, Volnation semi-volleyed a drop shot over the net and obliterated the previous tennis slam post count high mark in this thread. Always we try our best, no?

It hasnt happened to Fed. 33 straight Grand Slam Quarters. That wont be touched. Ever.

These are always fun. :thumbsup:

standard procedure for Novak. He usually calls the trainer when he's getting beat...

VN Store

Back