The Cardinals are going to TROT...

Better yet, what was HIS overall college record as a starter.....Kid was bad and made everybody around him bad...I can't believe he actually has a fan club on here.
Not a JG fan but not going to bash him. Some people want to act like he was trying to be bad or wasn’t trying. He competed and did the best he could. If you want to blame someone, blame Pruitt for not coaching him up and for leaving him in games when he should have been taken out.

There was a small, loyal following who believed people were unfair to him. His Stats were always the fall back.

People were/are being unfair to him. The kid became the poster child for an under-performing program which was far from just on his shoulders. He was all-Vol while he was here, tough as nails, and was not able to get the job done as an SEC starting QB. All of those things can be simultaneously true.

And that's not even close to the same thing as a JB fan club, you binary thinking knob.

Reactions: irish1485
People were/are being unfair to him. The kid became the poster child for an under-performing program which was far from just on his shoulders. He was all-Vol while he was here, tough as nails, and was not able to get the job done as an SEC starting QB. All of those things can be simultaneously true.

And that's not even close to the same thing as a JB fan club, you binary thinking knob.
I wasn’t one of those people being unfair to JG. I appreciated everything he did for us. I think he’s a good kid who gave his all. That said, I called it like I saw it when people would point to his stats as the positive take away from a game like a BYU, where his seemingly decent stat line didn’t come close to telling the true story of his play. That’s what I’m talking about .

Great insult by the way. Binary knob . I’ll use that and keep that one in the back pocket for when I really want to crush someone .

JG is Brady and Manning rolled into one compared to Milton. JG at least could complete a pass every now and then. I hated every minute of his tenure here but he was worlds better than Milton.
At first I just laughed at this, but I saw it again and I have to say something.

You're absolutely out of your mind.

How you can say JG is worlds better than anyone is patently insane.

Milton missed deep balls. He didn't miss any other throw and he didn't make any absolutely horrendous reads like throwing it into triple coverage in your 5th freaking year of college multiple times. JG never completed a SWING PASS. Milton did actually hit his last deep ball. He clearly operated the offense way better than JG ever could as far as pace, reading the defense and making the short throws. He also hit his last deep ball against UGA and yes UGA had their first team in their with all those draft picks. He was fine other than the deep balls. He hits the deep balls and nobody cares about Hooker because he was good at everything else.

How is that worlds worse than

Throwing into triple coverage and being unable to find three NFL receivers enough to beat Georgia freaking state.

Then he did the same thing the next week against BYU. Absolutely blew that one.

@Florida he Milton style overthrew a wide open Dominick Wood Anderson that ranks right up there with Milton's blunders and he did the same with Jauan Jennings against Bama that year. Plus another disastrous telegraphed pick against FLA and then the single worst play in the history of football. The infamous Bama fumble.

Pick six in the Indiana game. Got benched again during that.

A million second half turnovers against UGA in 2020.

The Kentucky game. Triple coverage picks. Double pick sixes. More fumbles.

Pick six at the goal line against Auburn.

Yeah that sure is worlds better than Milton 🤣

Overthrowing receivers does not hold a candle to the catastrophe that JG was at QB for us. I mean my goodness.

By all accounts he's pretty dang good on the practice field. Might get him some $$$ as the scout team QB. I'd be amazed if he ever got a roster spot. I imagine it will be a similar tune with Milton. Some coaches can't help themselves when a guy has all the physical tools of a prototypical NFL QB.

Don’t you put that juju on Milton, Kirby.

Not a JG fan but not going to bash him. Some people want to act like he was trying to be bad or wasn’t trying. He competed and did the best he could. If you want to blame someone, blame Pruitt for not coaching him up and for leaving him in games when he should have been taken out.
Don't get me wrong I am not blaming him, I am blaming the lack of coaching he had during his time here...They stuck with him when they should've pulled him a long time ago and coached him up more...The problem was he was a Primadonna at times and i still remember him pouting on the sidelines of the GT game and drawing attention to himself...I'm sure he is a good kid but I just didn't think he was a good QB.

I take it you’re related to
At first I just laughed at this, but I saw it again and I have to say something.

Milton missed deep balls. He didn't miss any other throw and he didn't make any absolutely horrendous reads like throwing it into triple coverage in your 5th freaking year of college multiple times. JG never completed a SWING PASS. Milton did actually hit his last deep ball. He clearly operated the offense way better than JG ever could as far as pace, reading the defense and making the short throws. He also hit his last deep ball against UGA and yes UGA had their first team in their with all those draft picks. He was fine other than the deep balls. He hits the deep balls and nobody cares about Hooker because he was good at everything else.

Throwing into triple coverage and being unable to find three NFL receivers enough to beat Georgia freaking state.

@Florida he Milton style overthrew a wide open Dominick Wood Anderson that ranks right up there with Milton's blunders and he did the same with Jauan Jennings against Bama that year. Plus another disastrous telegraphed pick against FLA and then the single worst play in the history of football. The infamous Bama fumble.

Overthrowing receivers does not hold a candle to the catastrophe that JG was at QB for us. I mean my goodness.
I take it you’re related to Milton? He’s easily the worst QB that has started a game for the Vols in at least thirty years. He won’t make the USFL, much less get an UDFA contract in the NFL.

Reactions: Bigorangefaninga
I wish the young man well. Time to move on folks. Peyton Manning would have struggled under the idiot we had coaching him.

Reactions: irish1485
I take it you’re related to

I take it you’re related to Milton? He’s easily the worst QB that has started a game for the Vols in at least thirty years. He won’t make the USFL, much less get an UDFA contract in the NFL.
Yes Joe Milton is my grandpappy.

You wanna bet?

Interesting take. However you kind of fail by cherry picking. But let’s look at it.

How many SECE teams did Milton beat? Zero.

How many ranked SECW teams did Milton beat? Zero.

How many 200 yard passing games did Milton have? Zero.

How many 150 yard passing games did Milton have? Zero.

How many times did Milton have 3 different WRs with 100 yards receiving in a game? Zero.

How many bowl games did Milton win? Zero.

Now to the games. Georgia State was a bad game. But his stat line in that game was better than any of Milton’s. Also was it JG that allowed GS to score 38 on us? Hmmm don’t think so. If the defense had even played bad, we win easily.

His play against Bama was the worst? Lol. Not even close. We were still losing if we score there. Yet Milton runs out of bounds when time expires. If he scores then we win the game. Oh yeah and Milton was a JR who made that play.

You talk about Milton and his deep ball and Insee you saying if this and if that. Yet he didn’t hit his deep balls did he? Oh wow he hit one deep ball against UGA. That’s basically all he did.

Let’s also do sided the biggest elephant in the room. The coaching staff. Milton actually playerd under a real coaching staff. With an actual real QB coach. Meanwhile JG had Botch Jones and McGump. While JG was not a good QB, he was better than Milton has been at TN.

Interesting take. However you kind of fail by cherry picking. But let’s look at it.

How many SECE teams did Milton beat? Zero.

How many ranked SECW teams did Milton beat? Zero.

How many 200 yard passing games did Milton have? Zero.

How many 150 yard passing games did Milton have? Zero.

How many times did Milton have 3 different WRs with 100 yards receiving in a game? Zero.

How many bowl games did Milton win? Zero.

Now to the games. Georgia State was a bad game. But his stat line in that game was better than any of Milton’s. Also was it JG that allowed GS to score 38 on us? Hmmm don’t think so. If the defense had even played bad, we win easily.

His play against Bama was the worst? Lol. Not even close. We were still losing if we score there. Yet Milton runs out of bounds when time expires. If he scores then we win the game. Oh yeah and Milton was a JR who made that play.

You talk about Milton and his deep ball and Insee you saying if this and if that. Yet he didn’t hit his deep balls did he? Oh wow he hit one deep ball against UGA. That’s basically all he did.

Let’s also do sided the biggest elephant in the room. The coaching staff. Milton actually playerd under a real coaching staff. With an actual real QB coach. Meanwhile JG had Botch Jones and McGump. While JG was not a good QB, he was better than Milton has been at TN.
Yeah I don't fail by cherry picking at all.

The main point was

Milton has played in ONE AND A HALF games for us. And in those games he missed deep balls. He didn't miss any other throws, but obviously, like JG there was something going on with him missing them inexplicably. But yall are out of our minds to think JG is better because his one good game against Missouri and the team winning IN SPITE of him.

JG did everything he could to lose us that bowl game by the way.

But regardless of Milton missing the deep balls in one and a half games.

He hasn't had near the opportunity to eclipse the disaster that the entirety of JG's tenre was.

I mean yeah he could hit some throws, but his ability to completely throw a game away is unmatched and you can't find any objective reason as to why Milton over throwing dudes in one and a half games somehow means he's WOLRDS WORSE than JG.

Who is JB?

Yeah I don't fail by cherry picking at all.

The main point was

Milton has played in ONE AND A HALF games for us. And in those games he missed deep balls. He didn't miss any other throws, but obviously, like JG there was something going on with him missing them inexplicably. But yall are out of our minds to think JG is better because his one good game against Missouri and the team winning IN SPITE of him.

JG did everything he could to lose us that bowl game by the way.

But regardless of Milton missing the deep balls in one and a half games.

He hasn't had near the opportunity to eclipse the disaster that the entirety of JG's tenre was.

I mean yeah he could hit some throws, but his ability to completely throw a game away is unmatched and you can't find any objective reason as to why Milton over throwing dudes in one and a half games somehow means he's WOLRDS WORSE than JG.

He only played one and a half games because he was terrible. Heupel knew if he stuck with Milton we were doomed. The stats bear it out. JG was better. Is that saying much? Lord know. Just goes to show how bad Milton is. The big knock on Milton is he is a JR. if he were a FR and missed those balls it would be one thing. But he wasn’t. Also you fail to factor in the MASSIVE coaching advantage Milton has. Would have been interesting to see what JG would have been with some actual coaching.

BigVolDaddy is a Cardinals fan. I gotta check YouTube and see if he has a response.

It is difficult for me to read about or discuss JG anymore. I don’t like to badmouth or joke about former Vols as a general rule and I don’t want to not wish them success; but darn it if JG doesn’t make that resolution get tested to the limits.
But let me try….best of luck to the young man. I hope he finds his dream. I do appreciate the hits he took and the effort he gave while in Knoxville

Milton has actual talent at least.
I’m not real sure I’d agree with this. He has tools. But if I had a WR 20 yds downfield and had to pick between Milton and JG to hit him, it’d still be JG all day. Jarrett’s struggles I’m pretty convinced are mostly mental. Overthrowing every guy is something else.

I don't get pleasure from bashing him....but this he was tough as nails narrative really rubs me the wrong way. Why?

He was not tough as nails. He showed zero grit, determination and urgency to win when he was here and many many times refused to take off running when every WR was covered and the entire left or right side of the field was free of unblocked defenders. He always had this incredibly timid look in his eyes as well. He just looked content on being the starter to me.... nothing else. He only took so many big hits because he couldn't see the field, had a terribly slow release and almost always had the offense lined up in a wrong/bad formation.

Do you want to know who was actually one tough SOB? Josh Dobbs. That guy literally willed our team to victories. Another tough guy would be Juan Jennings. He had a lot of dog in him.

JG had zero dog in him. Unless handicapped malnourished chihuahas count.

Reactions: Big Al Orange
I have no clue what so ever why any team would pick him up . JG was no good at UT not even remotely good and for some reason for 7 years he was trotted out their to play. Then he goes to another team that tried their damdest to start him and he was horrible their also. Now he gets picked up as a UDFA Why is beyond me . If it walks like a duck and quacks its probably a Duck.

VN Store

Back