The 2nd career adventures of Yankee

@yankee vol

I own a 2018 4 door JK Sahara. We are somewhat cultish as we duck each other and wave but honestly my Wrangler drives pretty dang smooth and it’s a 5 seater convertible that goes in snow. Until the Bronco there was nothing on the market to compete.

I’m probably getting a 23 High Altitude with the power top pretty soon and will be able to sell mine for 80 percent if what I paid.

Only Porsche holds its value like that.

I was involved(organizer, board member) with a bank for about 12 years. If you become a lender, and you have a lot of "quality" loans you become more valuable to your bank. That does not happen on day 1.
Lenders tend to work their way up to VP.

Everyone in a bank is a VP. The person who cleans the bathroom isn't a janitor but the "VP of TP"...

Couldn't have said it better, that's how they get away with low pay. Stroke they egos with the fancy title
I’ll be honest I work for a bank and am shocked at how much it pays in comparison to other jobs. I’ve been working for this company for 7.5 years. I get 8 weeks of vacation time and the starting rate for our employees start at $20 an hour. Our part timers also receive full benefits. It’s a ton of work, but you get compensated well for it. My company is in the middle of aquiring First Horizon which means we’ll have over 400 more locations in the south. It’s a good company to get into right now because the growth potential will be enormous. Yankee Vol- I know you’re just starting at Chase but you should really check this out.

Reactions: volwindy
I’ll be honest I work for a bank and am shocked at how much it pays in comparison to other jobs. I’ve been working for this company for 7.5 years. I get 8 weeks of vacation time and the starting rate for our employees start at $20 an hour. Our part timers also receive full benefits. It’s a ton of work, but you get compensated well for it. My company is in the middle of aquiring First Horizon which means we’ll have over 400 more locations in the south. It’s a good company to get into right now because the growth potential will be enormous. Yankee Vol- I know you’re just starting at Chase but you should really check this out.

Hopefully TD is run better than First Horizon...Both the main regionals around here (First Horizon and Regions) are trash..

Reactions: 508mikey
The merger will undoubtedly bring changes and with any merger there will be trials and tribulations. Most TD locations are open 7 days a week- the call centers are open 24/7 365 days a year. The company prides itself on convenience and customer service. Their model works- in the Northeast there are TD banks in almost every decent sizes town and the bank continues to grow. The merger makes sense from TDs point of view because the company is gaining over 400 locations in areas they wanted to expand their footprint. They’re also acquiring Cowen which is a Wall Street Brokerage Firm in a separate deal. I’m not familiar with how First Horizon is currently run, but I’m hoping this will be a positive change for yall. It better be for TDs sake- it’s a 13.4 billion all cash deal for this merger and then another 1.3 billion for the Cowen deal. No company is perfect- but I will say TD does pay better than any of the other local banks I know of.

Oh Lort, we had a HELOC with TD. Worst. IT. Ever.

And now I’ll probably have to change the logins on my mother’s accounts AGAIN.

Oh Lort, we had a HELOC with TD. Worst. IT. Ever.

And now I’ll probably have to change the logins on my mother’s accounts AGAIN.
How long ago was this? The company has put a lot of money into building their tech. In 2022 the company has hired about 2,000 tech jobs.

How long ago was this? The company has put a lot of money into building their tech. In 2022 the company has hired about 2,000 tech jobs.
About six years ago, so yeah, I hope they cleaned that up.

I’m willing to like them, because they’re next door to our church and let us use their parking lot. 😁

I'm with WF. Definitely have major issues, but I guess that's why I'm employed (in legal). My salary and benefits are heck of a lot better than when I was at a firm. The work is much better too - no stress, no billable hours, etc.

@yankee vol

I own a 2018 4 door JK Sahara. We are somewhat cultish as we duck each other and wave but honestly my Wrangler drives pretty dang smooth and it’s a 5 seater convertible that goes in snow. Until the Bronco there was nothing on the market to compete.

I’m probably getting a 23 High Altitude with the power top pretty soon and will be able to sell mine for 80 percent if what I paid.

Only Porsche holds its value like that.
I own one too…
8DB90C57-364A-441F-9097-C7FA967FDF9A.jpeg

So you work for TD…traitor

“So, you enjoy making fun of Canadians, eh? Well, our regulated banks are forming US subsidiaries and buying up your weakened banks.”

Reactions: VolNExile
Same here. Customers are going to remember how we acted during this time. Some dealers are going to ruin their business.

Well, just to get the word out, remember Ford/Lincoln of Cookeville. One of the great gougers and customer molesters of the period.

Can't blame it all on the dealership. I'd say that fool I saw driving that particular F250 is accountable for being one of the biggest fools in the city. As well as whoever paid the bill for that F350 King Ranch Tremor.

I'd say that fool I saw driving that particular F250 is accountable for being one of the biggest fools in the city. As well as whoever paid the bill for that F350 King Ranch Tremor.

Two examples of how to say you have a small weiner without actually saying it....

Reactions: GVF
Random inquiry about Service Departments-

I bought a Silverado back in May, due to chip shortage it didn’t have the heated/cooled seats enabled. Been waiting for months for the recall letter, finally got the letter last week.

Called the dealership on Wednesday and scheduled an appointment for today. Dealership is 45 minutes from my house.

Drove up there this morning, only to be told my parts haven’t arrived. Was sent home and was told they’d call me next week when the parts arrived.

So my question: what’s an appropriate recourse here? I took off work for 2 hours to drive up and back, plus gas, only to be sent home with a “sorry about that.” Should I call the service manager? What’s an appropriate compensation?

VN Store

Back