The 2nd career adventures of Yankee

Random inquiry about Service Departments-

I bought a Silverado back in May, due to chip shortage it didn’t have the heated/cooled seats enabled. Been waiting for months for the recall letter, finally got the letter last week.

Called the dealership on Wednesday and scheduled an appointment for today. Dealership is 45 minutes from my house.

Drove up there this morning, only to be told my parts haven’t arrived. Was sent home and was told they’d call me next week when the parts arrived.

So my question: what’s an appropriate recourse here? I took off work for 2 hours to drive up and back, plus gas, only to be sent home with a “sorry about that.” Should I call the service manager? What’s an appropriate compensation?
You want get compensated. You'll need to get verification parts are on hand next time though.

Yeah, it’s a shame on me situation. They said they’d call this morning if the parts weren’t in, I didn’t get a call so I *assumed* it was all good.

Probably won’t even call the service manager, won’t change anything or do any good.

Reactions: Go aeiou
Yeah, it’s a shame on me situation. They said they’d call this morning if the parts weren’t in, I didn’t get a call so I *assumed* it was all good.

Probably won’t even call the service manager, won’t change anything or do any good.
Eh, I’d call the manager anyway. Maybe he’ll give you a discount on some other maintenance thing.

I’d call. Might at least get a top off on gas.

Reactions: VolNExile
Gimme 50 cents worth of regular
Check my oil too if you don’t mind
Put some air in my tires won’t you mister
And wash my windows too if you’ve got time

On the subject of trucks -- I think I have changed my mind and am now looking at a mid-size pickup to replace my '15 Wrangler (which is a great 4x4, you haters....). The '23 Colorado looks really nice, but I bet they will be marked up and hard to come by for awhile. Tacoma? Ranger? Frontier? I really don't enjoy driving behemoths.

On the subject of trucks -- I think I have changed my mind and am now looking at a mid-size pickup to replace my '15 Wrangler (which is a great 4x4, you haters....). The '23 Colorado looks really nice, but I bet they will be marked up and hard to come by for awhile. Tacoma? Ranger? Frontier? I really don't enjoy driving behemoths.
Call my old dealership. They won't charge over MSRP ever. I don't think it'll be that hard to get (except for the ZR2 and maybe the Trail Boss).

Wait for the '24 Taco if you're going to get one of those (they are overrated and are only popular because they have a Wrangler like following). I'd probably get a Ranger over a Taco too (at least currently). Frontier FINALLY got updated and are nicer now. They don't tow as much as everyone else IIRC.

Reactions: zhangliao04
Call my old dealership. They won't charge over MSRP ever. I don't think it'll be that hard to get (except for the ZR2 and maybe the Trail Boss).

Wait for the '24 Taco if you're going to get one of those (they are overrated and are only popular because they have a Wrangler like following). I'd probably get a Ranger over a Taco too (at least currently). Frontier FINALLY got updated and are nicer now. They don't tow as much as everyone else IIRC.
Ok thanks. Which dealer were you at?

‘24 Taco and Ranger are getting updated and will look nicer than they do now (IMO). If the misses says a full size is too much then it’s a midsize for me. Sad that the updated GMC Canyon will start out at ~$40k because it was one I was looking at. Just way too much for a midsize truck to start out at.

I admit the new Frontier looks nice. Have you driven one yet? I’ve always had a belief that Nissan’s interiors were subpar and fell apart after just some years.

I admit the new Frontier looks nice. Have you driven one yet? I’ve always had a belief that Nissan’s interiors were subpar and fell apart after just some years.
I have not. I did own a 2012 Frontier. Great little truck, TERRIBLE gas mileage (yes, even for a truck). The problem with Nissan and Toyota until recently was that their interiors were lacking (and they were big time).

My Sube Outback Limited XT has a great interior, except for the total lack of anything that could be considered a glove compartment, especially when their mini Encyclopedia Britannica of owners’ guides and manuals are crammed in there.

Reactions: SuzyVol

VN Store

Back