The 2nd career adventures of Yankee

Not sure what company you work for, but what do think of a Honda Passport vs a Toyota Highlander? We are looking at both. Leaning towards the Honda
You really can’t go wrong with either, but I’d lean Honda (I’m a Honda fan).

I think the Passport looks better.

Reactions: vols 30
Not sure what company you work for, but what do think of a Honda Passport vs a Toyota Highlander? We are looking at both. Leaning towards the Honda
The Passport is so close in price to the Pilot you should step up to the Pilot.

The Passport is so close in price to the Pilot you should step up to the Pilot.

I thought about that. The salesman told me the only difference is a 3rd row of seats. It's just me and my wife now, so we will probably go with the passport

Reactions: txbo
I thought about that. The salesman told me the only difference is a 3rd row of seats. It's just me and my wife now, so we will probably go with the passport
Can’t go wrong with a Honda or Toyota. Enjoy your new ride.

Oh, btw, that salesman is wrong. The Pilot has a longer wheelbase and can be had without a 3rd row.

I hear ya but 60 months has been the majority of car loans for over 30 years. 72 is the new 60.
Open Q for all in the biz:
Are yall seeing people hold vehicles longer or is the length of owner before trading for new still about the same?

Open Q for all in the biz:
Are yall seeing people hold vehicles longer or is the length of owner before trading for new still about the same?
Probably less with the current conditions honestly. People are getting what they paid 3 years ago for a used vehicle.
I mean hell, the reason I've had all the vehicles I've had the last 2 years is because of the current market.

I haven't lost money on a car deal in 3 years.

Reactions: McDad

We bought a used low mileage 2017 pilot couple years ago. GReat vehicle.

Probably less with the current conditions honestly. People are getting what they paid 3 years ago for a used vehicle.
I mean hell, the reason I've had all the vehicles I've had the last 2 years is because of the current market.

I haven't lost money on a car deal in 3 years.

Honda dealer tried to get me to trade when Plot went in for oil change. Said we could trade it for than we paid two year ago. I said no thanks, cause we'd then be having to broker a deal on a vehicle at today's prices and I'd ultimately be worse off. Not that gullible.

Honda dealer tried to get me to trade when Plot went in for oil change. Said we could trade it for than we paid two year ago. I said no thanks, cause we'd then be having to broker a deal on a vehicle at today's prices and I'd ultimately be worse off. Not that gullible.
Eh, Honda was never big on rebates. Today's prices are what they are. It's not going to get better anytime soon. If you can get a new one at MSRP, I'd at least consider it.

Hey Yankee....I'm still looking for an 07 thru 10 Ford Sport Trac....It's a suits me vehicle!
Ideally, I'd like to find a V6, 4.0 with bad engine but good body so I can build what i want power wise.
Pls., just store that away n your memory bank should you ever run across such a thing..
Also, anyone reading this thread.....if you are familiar with this vehicle and see one with a solid body for sale pls let me know.
GBO

What are some opinions of CarMax on here?

My opinion of them prior to looking for a truck recently, was low. I feel they are overpriced. But if they are, I would say some of that is the convenience you are getting. I can know what I want and get a search of that vehicle with like a 1000 mile radius and have them deliver it to me.

Anyway, I’ve gone from thinking poorly of them, for really no reason in particular. To now looking at their site more and more due to convenience.

Any good or bad experiences?

What are some opinions of CarMax on here?

My opinion of them prior to looking for a truck recently, was low. I feel they are overpriced. But if they are, I would say some of that is the convenience you are getting. I can know what I want and get a search of that vehicle with like a 1000 mile radius and have them deliver it to me.

Anyway, I’ve gone from thinking poorly of them, for really no reason in particular. To now looking at their site more and more due to convenience.

Any good or bad experiences?

They were friendly but overpriced and ridiculously low on trade in offers.

Reactions: allvol123
Hey Yankee....I'm still looking for an 07 thru 10 Ford Sport Trac....It's a suits me vehicle!
Ideally, I'd like to find a V6, 4.0 with bad engine but good body so I can build what i want power wise.
Pls., just store that away n your memory bank should you ever run across such a thing..
Also, anyone reading this thread.....if you are familiar with this vehicle and see one with a solid body for sale pls let me know.
GBO

Those are nice. Usually when I see them around, they are well taken care of.

VN Store

Back