The 2nd career adventures of Yankee

Another hat trick! 2 new. 1 used.

’22 Silverado 1500 LT Trail Boss
’22 Silverado 1500 Custom Trail Boss
’17 Traverse
Are you going to take some me time between this job and TSA? I was never able to take more than a long weekend between jobs, and I always regretted it. 🏖

So here it is boys...

I was offered a finance manager position. The problem is we bought a house in GA. The money is nearly impossible to pass up.

I’m pretty sure what the wife’s initial reaction will be lol.
Discounting the money (well, sorta), discounting the house, what do you want to do? What will engage you, excite you, stretch you? Houses can be sold. Life lasts a lot longer.

Will patting down passengers match that? Note: please leave my left leg alone. There’s metal in there.

So here it is boys...

I was offered a finance manager position. The problem is we bought a house in GA. The money is nearly impossible to pass up.

Depending on where you bought the home, you might make bundle selling it.

Reactions: walkenvol
So here it is boys...

Congratulations. You'll learn a lot about the business in that position.

Reactions: YankeeVol
Went to Toyota of Knox today. Wife and I are expecting so we want to upgrade from my wife’s 2008 Scion XD to a new Rav 4 hybrid. The sales guy told us Toyota is doing a clean +$7500 upcharge to all of their hybrids (and all Tundra’s) while the rest I believe are getting a +$5000 upcharge.

Is this real? Is this happening with other car companies?

Went to Toyota of Knox today. Wife and I are expecting so we want to upgrade from my wife’s 2008 Scion XD to a new Rav 4 hybrid. The sales guy told us Toyota is doing a clean +$7500 upcharge to all of their hybrids (and all Tundra’s) while the rest I believe are getting a +$5000 upcharge.

1. Yes it’s real. There are up charges on many vehicles.
2. It’s the dealer adding the charge and not the manufacturer.
inventory shortages have pushed New car sales prices up by 34-35%

Reactions: zhangliao04

Any charges over MSRP are coming from the dealer not the manufacturer.

Honda dealer here is/was +$5000 but had some fancy package name for it. It’s basically a low inventory surcharge though. That is/was standard on all Honda models including hybrids. My experience was in March but also found it slightly negotiable.

Yankee (or others):

I heard from a patient last week that the auto industry is expecting a massive influx of chips after a 2 year wait. There are apparently a bazillion 2020, 2021, 2022s waiting for them. This could create a great scenario for buyers if/ when it happens.

Have you heard this? Any idea on time frame?

Reactions: McDad

VN Store

Back