The 2nd career adventures of Yankee

Hey Yankee, I’ve got a question.

Why do dealerships have customers talk with finance after you’ve already made a deal with a sales person? My wife bought a 2021 Honda HRV yesterday. The car was a good deal, we didn’t get the best on her trade-in, but we had agreed to a deal with our sales person. Then, we had to speak with finance where he was dealing gap insurance and permuplate (spelling?) and raised our monthly payment by $35.

Also, looking at her purchase order form, it shows a $3,000 service contract. What is that?

Why do dealerships have customers talk with finance after you’ve already made a deal with a sales person? My wife bought a 2021 Honda HRV yesterday. The car was a good deal, we didn’t get the best on her trade-in, but we had agreed to a deal with our sales person. Then, we had to speak with finance where he was dealing gap insurance and permuplate (spelling?) and raised our monthly payment by $35.

Also, looking at her purchase order form, it shows a $3,000 service contract. What is that?

The same reason other businesses try to upsell other ancillary products/warranties when you make a major purchase = Cold hard cash

The dealers don't make their $$$ on the sale of the new car - its everything else

The same reason other businesses try to upsell other ancillary products/warranties when you make a major purchase = Cold hard cash

The dealers don't make their $$$ on the sale of the new car - its everything else

If we weren’t having to get a bigger vehicle with a baby on the way, we wouldn’t have bought one and deal with dealerships.

They basically changed the deal that you agreed to in their favor without your consent. Hoping you wouldn’t notice or wouldn’t care enough to cry foul. Often times the finance mgr will be pushy and aggressive, not the friendliest person in the place. Just my experience.

Reactions: headhunter15
They basically changed the deal that you agreed to in their favor without your consent. Hoping you wouldn’t notice or wouldn’t care enough to cry foul. Often times the finance mgr will be pushy and aggressive, not the friendliest person in the place. Just my experience.

To beat it all, it was a boy who went to the middle school where my wife began her teaching career. He’s just 22 years old.

Reactions: FallCreekVols
“They” can’t change anything that “you” don’t agree to. So “you” signed up for it.

Some products aren’t bad ( I purchased an extended warranty that covers the loan). Any kind of “interior protection” is a waste IMO.

“They” can’t change anything that “you” don’t agree to. So “you” signed up for it.

I went with my mom to buy her most recent car and the Chevy dealer near here tried to sneak in a previously declined wheel protection plan and previously declined gap insurance into the final paperwork. I caught it before she signed and it cost them a sale.

If we weren’t having to get a bigger vehicle with a baby on the way, we wouldn’t have bought one and deal with dealerships.
It’s kind of funny now that I’m in “the business.” Not all dealerships are bad. In fact, that’s my one concern about continuing in this sector. The dealership I work for now is very straightforward, and I enjoy selling. I treat customers how I would want to be treated when buying (I think that’s helped with my success so far). Not all salesman are bad, nor are all all “big” dealerships. It’s like any other job, you get good and bad people.

It’s kind of funny now that I’m in “the business.” Not all dealerships are bad. In fact, that’s my one concern about continuing in this sector. The dealership I work for now is very straightforward, and I enjoy selling. I treat customers how I would want to be treated when buying (I think that’s helped with my success so far). Not all salesman are bad, nor are all all “big” dealerships. It’s like any other job, you get good and bad people.
What dealership are you working for? I’m looking for a 2017-2018 Z71.

Sounds pretty obvious that headhunter was misled. It’s reasonable for a buyer to think that the final docs will match the deal that was agreed to between sales and buyer, without having to scour the fine print for additional charges and renegotiate the deal.

Sounds pretty obvious that headhunter was misled. It’s reasonable for a buyer to think that the final docs will match the deal that was agreed to between sales and buyer, without having to scour the fine print for additional charges and renegotiate the deal.

It is what it is, I guess. We needed something bigger and got it.

VN Store

Back