The 2nd career adventures of Yankee

Yankee (or others):

I heard from a patient last week that the auto industry is expecting a massive influx of chips after a 2 year wait. There are apparently a bazillion 2020, 2021, 2022s waiting for them. This could create a great scenario for buyers if/ when it happens.

Have you heard this? Any idea on time frame?
No idea as a lowly salesman. I find it hard to believe there’s any 2020’s left that needed chips. I do know we are waiting on a few ‘21s (that are already built).

*I did here something about Ford having a bunch of 21’s that were awaiting chips but they scraped them.

*no idea about the validity of the statement

Speaking of Ford, I’m seeing their new Broncos everywhere these days and I think their new lightning F150 will sell like crazy. Things have to be looking up for them

Yankee (or others):

I heard from a patient last week that the auto industry is expecting a massive influx of chips after a 2 year wait. There are apparently a bazillion 2020, 2021, 2022s waiting for them. This could create a great scenario for buyers if/ when it happens.

I have not heard that at NADA or from any other source.
if true. Don’t expect the manufacturers to push out inventory to earlier levels. It will get better than it is but not where it was.

Reactions: txbo
I'd love a new Bronco. Just not for $75k.

I enjoy the look and would love to have one. But that mpg stat is just crazy low for what I thought it would get. I know those who get one aren’t going for insane mpg, but I figured they could get more than 20 mpg out of that thing. Must be the weight. Might as well get a truck that has a bigger engine and can actually tow something lol.

Yankee (or others):

My conversations with manufacturers have been nothing of that sort.
Expect to not see considerable dealer stock for the forseeable future.

Reactions: kiddiedoc
My conversations with manufacturers have been nothing of that sort.
Expect to not see considerable dealer stock for the forseeable future.

I’m hearing 2 years at least before they have 10-20 new cars consistently on the lot.

I’m certain you will do a fine job in showing people how they can protect their investment. Also gap coverage, my goodness gap coverage is a necessity these days.

Congratulations!!!!!!!

Reactions: YankeeVol
I’m certain you will do a fine job in showing people how they can protect their investment. Also gap coverage, my goodness gap coverage is a necessity these days.

Congratulations!!!!!!!
Congratulations. It’s a big step. There’s way more to that role than you can imagine. Everyone feels like they’re drowning for the first 90 days or so.
Congratulations
Big step. Congrats.
Thank you all. I'm excited.

Reactions: joevol33

VN Store

Back