The cancel culture is getting out of control

DonjoVol

I'm Donjo and you're not
He works in the world of professional football.... duuuuh "Classy" is not a word that comes to mind for the vast majority in that profession.
Are you referring to players, coaches, front office personnel, etc when talking about the vast majority?

I would say there were plenty of coaches from the past such as Tom Osborne, Tom Landry, Bill Walsh, Don Shula, Eddie Robinson, Ken Sparks, and Bobby Bowden came across as some coaches I would consider classy. At least I don't recall much controversy surrounding those men when they were coaching. Of course many didn't use email back in the day and social media wasn't a thing for some.

I would say many of the people involved in football conduct themselves with professionalism and class. We just tend to hear about the cases more where they don't. Gruden's emails bring in more money for the networks than any other good story would bring in.

DonjoVol

I'm Donjo and you're not
Well, damn. I've settled on and been happy with Minnetonka moccasins for house shoes - guess that's over. Probably going to have to find a replacement for Land O Lakes butter, too. Apparently you just can't fix the really special brand of woke stupidity. Turns out when you think companies have been celebrating other heritages, they've decided it was abuse. I'm waiting for car companies to start purging names because they represent places where bad things happened at the hands of white people. Good thing GM already axed Pontiac - makes you wonder if they will confiscate any still around. Chrysler wisely dodged with the Plymouth brand. Mustang could be pretty iffy if things keep up. "Volunteer" could be at risk for suppressing people with brown skins - even though it had more to do with the War of 1812, but then Andrew Jackson was hard on Indians, sooo.
Andrew Jackson was also the first democrat party president. Democrats have been advocating for segregation since then. If it's not racial segregation then it's class segregation and now medical segregation.

AM64

Woke white people are erasing native Americans from being represented under the guise of racism. Isn't that something else?
You know there are cities, counties, and states all across the land just begging to be called out and renamed. Just imagine we could have our own version of things like St. Petersburg/Petrograd/Leningrad. How many city names wouldn't offend somebody? The District of Columbia has to be bringing shivers of resentment and driving people to insanity over the boundless insensitivity.

VN Store