The Bull Might Return (Trey Smith)

Drew was soft coming out of HS and just didnt have the work ethic/mental toughness to overcome all the S&C issues and the lack of accountability from Butch's regime....

I think Drew would have been a serviceable college player in the right situation but the 3 years with Butch ruined him...
I was told this exact same thing by someone who watched him play hsfb when he flipped to UT. Needless to say he poo pood my 5 star parade.

Drew was soft coming out of HS and just didnt have the work ethic/mental toughness to overcome all the S&C issues and the lack of accountability from Butch's regime....

I think Drew would have been a serviceable college player in the right situation but the 3 years with Butch ruined him...

I honestly believe we have a new o-line coach in 20'. Friend just hasn't been getting it done! Maybe with all this amazing young talent coming in things will change, time will tell.

I'm terrified of having him die on the field. As much as I love Tennessee I kind of hope he retires
Pulmonary embolism, he will know if it is hurting him and I think he will have a seat and even sit out games. He can't compete with it. If he can run the drills, he is good to go until he isn't able to.

Reactions: HuntlandVolinColo
I honestly believe we have a new o-line coach in 20'. Friend just hasn't been getting it done! Maybe with all this amazing young talent coming in things will change, time will tell.
Sheesh!!

Friend has coached here for 1 year. He inherited linemen designed to run a different offense, players with 2-3 years of poor S&C, and players with 2-3 years of incompetent OL coaching.

If the OL play doesnt get better in 19, then we can discuss Friend's role in it...

Pulmonary embolism, he will know if it is hurting him and I think he will have a seat and even sit out games. He can't compete with it. If he can run the drills, he is good to go until he isn't able to.
You don’t necessarily know that you have a pulmonary embolism. Sometimes there are signs. Sometimes, you just drop dead.

Reactions: Big Al Orange
So you've never done anything that was life threatening?
...after getting medically cleared by someone potentially putting their medical license, professional reputation and money (medical malpractice and possible negligence claims against the doctor if he drops dead)?

...after getting medically cleared by someone potentially putting their medical license, professional reputation and money (medical malpractice and possible negligence claims against the doctor if he drops dead)?
Read my post in context as it applies to the post I quoted then get back to me.

Reactions: JOHN ROCKER
Before we all decide for him what he should and shouldn't do, maybe we should wait and see what the doctors say about the risk. If there is a risk of football causing death, they will never clear him to play.

LOL. The matador.
giphy.gif
Just once I'd like to see the bull hoist him up about 10' . That is a Barbaric Dark Ages Sport. Spaniards are sickos.

That's Trey Smith. Coach Pruitt said he's in the best shape of his life. No, he isn't saying Trey will be back for sure, but it seems somewhat of a good bet he will. Pruitt says except for contact, Trey does everything the team does. More than that, he's down from 360lbs to 321 lbs, Sounds like lean but thick muscle for plowing DL players out of the pocket for the QB and out of the way of RBs. Also, sound like our man Trey is like taxes, he just doesn’t know when to stop. Beat the clots big man, cause we know when you do beat everything else. Whether it's the man opposite you or whatever other challenges life throws your way.

Tennessee football: Trey Smith in 'best shape of his life,' Jeremy Pruitt says
Hope it's a sound decision. Really just want what's best for him. He seems like a good dude.

Read my post in context as it applies to the post I quoted then get back to me.
I did. It doesn’t change my response. I don’t think he’ll find a doctor stupid enough to clear him medically, so it doesn’t matter if he’s a kid making a poor decision.

Reactions: Big Al Orange
Sheesh!!

Friend has coached here for 1 year. He inherited linemen designed to run a different offense, players with 2-3 years of poor S&C, and players with 2-3 years of incompetent OL coaching.

If the OL play doesnt get better in 19, then we can discuss Friend's role in it...

That was kind of the point I was trying to get across. genius. I don't believe he will get the job done. He just doesn't seem to be a great oline coach, Imo. I could be wrong, we'll see how he does with this new batch of Blue Chip o-linemen we brought in this last cycle.

VN Store

Back