The Bull Might Return (Trey Smith)

WoodsmanVol

It takes wisdom to understand wisdom.
That's Trey Smith. Coach Pruitt said he's in the best shape of his life. No, he isn't saying Trey will be back for sure, but it seems somewhat of a good bet he will. Pruitt says except for contact, Trey does everything the team does. More than that, he's down from 360lbs to 321 lbs, Sounds like lean but thick muscle for plowing DL players out of the pocket for the QB and out of the way of RBs. Also, sound like our man Trey is like taxes, he just doesn’t know when to stop. Beat the clots big man, cause we know when you do beat everything else. Whether it's the man opposite you or whatever other challenges life throws your way.

Tennessee football: Trey Smith in 'best shape of his life,' Jeremy Pruitt says

That's Trey Smith. Coach Pruitt said he's in the best shape of his life. No, he isn't saying Trey will be back for sure, but it seems somewhat of a good bet he will. Pruitt says except for contact, Trey does everything the team does. More than that, he's down from 360lbs to 321 lbs, Sounds like lean but thick muscle for plowing DL players out of the pocket for the QB and out of the way of RBs. Also, sound like our man Trey is like taxes, he just doesn’t know when to stop. Beat the clots big man, cause we know when you do beat everything else. Whether it's the man opposite you or whatever other challenges life throws your way.

Is contact really needed? Drew Richmond played for 3 years while barely making any contact.....

Trey is our best player, bar none. If he can play that SIGNIFICANTLY improves the outlook on our season.

That being said, what he's been battling is very serious. Frankly just hope the kid can live a healthy life, if he can play football too that's just a bonus.

I am not optimistic about him returning. Being in good shape has nothing to do with his condition with blood clots and the fact that he has been kept out of contact drills indicates that he is still on blood thinners.
His health is much more important than winning a few football games. I hope he consults with his family and doctors and prays about it.

His health is much more important than winning a few football games. I hope he consults with his family and doctors and prays about it.
Do you really think that the coaching staff would let him play if they and Trey had not consulted all the experts who are treating him?? I think this is very good news and that him being in top physical condition may have a positive impact on his playing status. He if can play, great; if he can not play, I still wish him a long successful and happy life.

Imagine you’ve been told at an early age you can’t play one of your favorite sports ever again due to the danger. Do you hang it up right away, or maybe make one final push for just a few more games? It has to be tough on his psyche.

Him dropping from 360 to 320 pounds and being in better shape makes no difference whatsoever in his chances of throwing blood clots. The reason that he is doing everything except for contact is that the contact could kill him while he’s on blood thinners (and he will likely be on them permanently). He won’t be back.With his medical history and family medical history I don’t think he could ever find a doctor willing to medically clear him.

Last edited:
Trey is our best player, bar none. If he can play that SIGNIFICANTLY improves the outlook on our season.

That being said, what he's been battling is very serious. Frankly just hope the kid can live a healthy life, if he can play football too that's just a bonus.

If he plays Guard, yes. He's not a Tackle and if he does return, I hope the coaches are confident enough in our OTs not to put Trey there.

Reactions: 08Vol
Is contact really needed? Drew Richmond played for 3 years while barely making any contact.....
LOL. The matador.
giphy.gif

Him dropping from 360 to 320 pounds and being in better shape makes no difference whatsoever in his chances of throwing blood clots. The reason that he is doing everything except for contact is that the contact could kill him while he’s on blood thinners (and he will likely be on them permanently). He won’t be back.With his medical history and family medical history I don’t think he could ever find a doctor willing to medically clear him.
Don’t bring facts into this, people might spit out their orange kool aid in disagreement

Imagine you’ve been told at an early age you can’t play one of your favorite sports ever again due to the danger. Do you hang it up right away, or maybe make one final push for just a few more games? It has to be tough on his psyche.
If he's still got his parents he should quit full stop, there's nothing crueler than someone burying their son

Reactions: TennMan101

I don't want to speak negatively about a former player, but what was wrong with him!?! He probably holds the university record for false starts. On top of that, he constantly missed blocks and was out of position. Just an all-around bust, Imo. He also had a year in coach Pruitt's system, so anyone that says it's a casualty from the Butch Jones regime is wrong, Imo. The only possible thing left to blame is coach Friend.

I don't want to speak negatively about a former player, but what was wrong with him!?! He probably holds the university record for false starts. On top of that, he constantly missed blocks and was out of position. Just an all-around bust, Imo. He also had a year in coach Pruitt's system, so anyone that says it's a casualty from the Butch Jones regime is wrong, Imo. The only possible thing left to blame is coach Friend.

Drew was soft coming out of HS and just didnt have the work ethic/mental toughness to overcome all the S&C issues and the lack of accountability from Butch's regime....

I think Drew would have been a serviceable college player in the right situation but the 3 years with Butch ruined him...

Reactions: 08Vol
Drew was soft coming out of HS and just didnt have the work ethic/mental toughness to overcome all the S&C issues and the lack of accountability from Butch's regime....

I think Drew would have been a serviceable college player in the right situation but the 3 years with Butch ruined him...
Drew Richmond ruined himself and squandered his own talent. Soft and distracted. No other excuses. Bad HC and team attitude only made things worse.

VN Store

Back