The Boys (Prime Video Series)

They glossed over the set up and watered it down for the Amazon masses. Casting Simon Pegg was a nod to the fans. Not including the Techknight storyline into the first season was disappointing. DC dropped it after 6 issues because Ennis embarrassed DC's cash cow at the time. Dynamite picked it up a few months later and let Garth tell the story. We should have gotten more of this,

Boys01DEedition1.jpg

What's funny is everyone I've ever told to watch it ignored me till the 128th time I told them, then absolutely loved it. Buncha dumb dumbs.
First I've heard of it and gonna start it tonight. Then The Boys is next so I can come back here and call all the snowflakes calling others snowflakes, snowflakes.

First I've heard of it and gonna start it tonight. Then The Boys is next so I can come back here and call all the snowflakes calling others snowflakes, snowflakes.
I liked banshee a lot. Fun fact the first 2 or 3 seasons were filmed in my little area of Charlotte.

The bar and room hood live in is literally across the street from my office and many of scenes near lakes and some other bars are around Mt. Island lake in nw Charlotte, minutes from my house.

The imagination of this show is wild. I also think Amazon Prime deserves some serious credit for that episode. I imagine there were executive meetings about whether or not they should go this far. Just so funny and out there.

Reactions: jakez4ut
Took me this long to figure out that Hughie is Dennis Quaid and Meg Ryan’s son.
oh ****. i didn't know that. but i totally believe that. i kept looking at him like "he looks familiar, but i can't place it".

Reactions: butchna
The imagination of this show is wild. I also think Amazon Prime deserves some serious credit for that episode. I imagine there were executive meetings about whether or not they should go this far. Just so funny and out there.
good point. "you want to do what, with what?!?!"

oh ****. i didn't know that. but i totally believe that. i kept looking at him like "he looks familiar, but i can't place it".
With the knowledge you can place the eyes and smile…nice mix of the two. Still wouldn’t have known without actually reading the last name. 😉 I was familiar with many of the other actors and hadn’t bothered.

Reactions: jakez4ut
I started watching this series and think the concept is intriguing. The bizarre need to include woke issues and sexual storylines at every turn is off putting as it’s disingenuous to the story line in my opinion

Reactions: CAVPUT
This season was so good. Probably my favorite show right now. I thought this was something where the novelty would wear off, but it just gets better.

Reactions: bignewt
I started watching this series and think the concept is intriguing. The bizarre need to include woke issues and sexual storylines at every turn is off putting as it’s disingenuous to the story line in my opinion

Its very much a part of the source materiel. Was always meant to be a satire on our culture.

lines like you (Hughie), me (Butcher) and the granny-f@@ker (Soldier Boy - alluding to his earlier scene with the two old ladies in bed) keep me hooked

Reactions: n_huffhines
Its very much a part of the source materiel. Was always meant to be a satire on our culture.

Not to mention comics have always strived to be woker than the general public. It's part of the art form. Comics are for everybody, but in general, they're specifically written to appeal to geeks, minorities, outsiders, etc. Spiderman was a nerd long before anybody thought it was OK to call themselves a nerd. XMen were a metaphor for racial minorities as civil rights fights swept the nation. It was intimated that Ice Man was gay about 10 years before the public acceptance ball really started rolling. This is how they do

Really? How far in are you? And what don't you like about it?

I'm current with it, I just don't like the characters except for Emma and I think it's a little slow/boring. I can't put my finger on any one thing I just don't like it near as much as I do The Boys.

VN Store

Back