The battle for Iwo Jima

Salute to both your fathers. The Battle of Iwo Jima was one of the very first military histories I read as a kid. Slight correction I want to make. Total casualties for the Allied side exceeded 26,000 with roughly 6800 dead including sailors.
Began on this date in 1945. We suffered 14,000 casualties there. My dad was a survivor.
Mine too. He got wounded pretty bad but survived. RIP dad.

Salute to both your fathers. The Battle of Iwo Jima was one of the very first military histories I read as a kid. Slight correction I want to make. Total casualties for the Allied side exceeded 26,000 with roughly 6800 dead including sailors.
I believe my Grandad was with the 3rd Marines.

He served in reserve duty at Iwo, then Okinawa.

The Hydrogen bomb, as grotesque and horrific as it were. Is the only reason im here. Had we invaded Japan, 🤦🏼‍♂️

I believe my Grandad was with the 3rd Marines.

He served in reserve duty at Iwo, then Okinawa.

The Atomic bomb, as grotesque and horrific as it were. Is the only reason im here. Had we invaded Japan, 🤦🏼‍♂️
Okinawa was over 60,000 casualties and the invasion of Japan would have been a bloodbath. (fyp)

My grandad was in Burma during WW 2. He came back but a good friend of his who went about the same time he did sadly didn’t make it back. They were the greatest generation and our true heroes. Sadly we are losing more and more WW vets each day I lost my grandad in 2018. I can’t say enough thanks and give enough respect to these men. We could all be speaking German or Japanese now if not for them and their sacrifices. One of my biggest regrets is I never joined the military to serve this great country. Always thank a vet they need to be treated better in this country.

My grandad was in Burma during WW 2. He came back but a good friend of his who went about the same time he did sadly didn’t make it back. They were the greatest generation and our true heroes. Sadly we are losing more and more WW vets each day I lost my grandad in 2018. I can’t say enough thanks and give enough respect to these men. We could all be speaking German or Japanese now if not for them and their sacrifices. One of my biggest regrets is I never joined the military to serve this great country. Always thank a vet they need to be treated better in this country.
One of my uncles was in Burma. My Dad died in 2012.

VN Store

Back