The average American has only been to 5 of these places, how about you?

8, unless it counts to just drive past something and not fully stop to experience it. If it does count, my number is 11.

6... maybe 7. I've seen the Hollywood sign from a distance, but not been up close.
Are you even allowed to get close to it? Its just a bunch of laerge large letters. I'd think the only people that would want to get close to it would be vandals. I don't know, but I'd think you can't get close to Mt Rushmore.

Last edited:
1 - the gateway arch and it was only driving by it. Technically I don't even remember it as I was 4 or 5 years old.

maybe someday I will make it. it's just odd to think about proximity to some of those without going. Like Ft. Sumter, for instance. I can't remember how many times I've been to Charleston and walked around Rainbow Row and the the battery, but I never felt any compulsion to go out to the Fort.
Same here.

5. IF driving by something counts, ive been by the Arch in St Louis.
I will say this, if you havent been to St. Augustine I would go my family went down and walked through it years ago, its very nice. Just bring lots of water because its hot.

Are you even allowed to get close to it? Its just a bunch of laerge large letters. I'd think the only people that would want to get close to it would be vandals. I don't know, but I'd think you can't get close to Mt Rushmore.
I know you can't get to the sign it's self, but I thought there was a park or something at the base of the hill. That's what I was referring to.

VN Store

Back