The Atlanta Braves Thread

No doubt . . . I fully expect it to be 85. And he'll keep doing it until there's a rebuild and he's right.

Looking at contracts. I know it never works like this, but it really feels this team is poised for the next 5 years

Just looked and saw Hyun-Jin Ryu is still a FA and actually pitched pretty solid coming off TJ. I wouldn’t mind a one year, incentive laden deal just to add some depth. Michael Lorenzen is available too and could be a nice 5th starter/long man

Which is not out of the question!
It blows my mind (especially as an old guy who fights to remember that they don’t play the game like it’s 1992 anymore) that the Braves have won as much as they have the past 3 years with all the starts that have been missed by Fried, Morton, Anderson etc. and the revolving door at the 4 and 5 spots.

It blows my mind (especially as an old guy who fights to remember that they don’t play the game like it’s 1992 anymore) that the Braves have won as much as they have the past 3 years with all the starts that have been missed by Fried, Morton, Anderson etc. and the revolving door at the 4 and 5 spots.
Having elite hitters at the 1-4 spots helps with that a lot, and the assortment revolving door pitchers (Elder, Wright, etc.) pitch well for a time.

I feel a strong Braves debut from the young man
I hope the change of scenery and going to a team where he's just another guy will help him. I've read from Mariners fans on Reddit and other places that they thought he was kind of an odd guy (not bad, just odd) who really let pressure get to him. He finally seemed to get over that early last season, then breaks his foot kicking a cooler. They seemed to think moving on was best for both parties.

The Braves drafted six pitchers in the top 50 from 2015 to 2017 and got a combined 11 WAR. The fact we won 104 games after that kind of stat tells you how incredible the offense is.

Reactions: GAVol
The fact that they only thing we got from the that star studded 2018 prospect pitching class was Fried, one great season from Soroka and Ian Anderson’s 2021 PS run shows ya two things:

1) It takes some luck to be a good GM

2) TINSTAAPP

The fact that they only thing we got from the that star studded 2018 prospect pitching class was Fried, one great season from Soroka and Ian Anderson’s 2021 PS run shows ya two things:

2) TINSTAAPP
Which, IMO, contributes to the organizational mindset of heavily drafting pitchers because they’re harder to predict and more expensive to get once they’re established, be that in dollars or prospect capital.

Reactions: 05_never_again

2) TINSTAAPP
#2 always and forever

Reactions: zjcvols
Which, IMO, contributes to the organizational mindset of heavily drafting pitchers because they’re harder to predict and more expensive to get once they’re established, be that in dollars or prospect capital.
Which is hilarious given that organizational mindset has generated a major league roster of cost controlled offensive superiority and been an abject failure at developing pitching

Draft bats, pay arms, the end.

I hope the change of scenery and going to a team where he's just another guy will help him. I've read from Mariners fans on Reddit and other places that they thought he was kind of an odd guy (not bad, just odd) who really let pressure get to him. He finally seemed to get over that early last season, then breaks his foot kicking a cooler. They seemed to think moving on was best for both parties.
I’m gonna guess he didn’t get over it considering he broke his foot kicking a cooler ha

VN Store

Back