The Atlanta Braves Thread

If he’s LH PH and 4th OF that’s a grand slam signing. If he’s starting 140 games in RF, no thanks.

Camargo-Markakis-Culberson-Catcher is a bench that gets the juices flowing. No one is disputing that. The issue is the money to spend, the promise to spend, and the reality of this dude being the every day RF staring us in the face.
They've definitely done a bad job of managing fan expectations. If they're not going to spend, somebody needs to be out front explaining why deals didn't happen. I think they've tried doing it through Bowman but it looks lame coming from media.

They've definitely done a bad job of managing fan expectations. If they're not going to spend, somebody needs to be out front explaining why deals didn't happen. I think they've tried doing it through Bowman but it looks lame coming from media.
I’m fine with them not spending. We are all use to it. But don’t point to this offseason for a half decade and then do jack **** when it arrives.

The probability he puts up an average season is incredibly low. He had an awesome two months and was below average the rest of the way.

If we were cash strapped and had other commitments or made a monster trade (like let’s say we signed Donaldson and traded for Haniger and JTR and Ender was involved in one of those) then I’d have little problem. But the fact we brought back a 35 year old singles hitter to play everyday after coming off a division title and making one move is a joke
I think AA is betting on Duvall bouncing back. Which he should - just following probabilities. But I’ll be damned if I risked my name on Adam Duvall.

Oakland using the #9 pick on a guy who won’t play for you AND you don’t get a pick back.......yikes

First thing that comes to mind when I hear JaMarcus Russell is that horrible non review of a clear fumble Tennessee recovered

VN Store

Back