The Atlanta Braves Thread

I don't like Ender higher than 6th or 7th or Acuña lower than 2nd. At the very least, FF or Donaldson needs to be protecting Acuña; not the other way around.

.... And while we're at it, somebody tell Ender that he's not Rickey Henderson and getting thrown out 1/3 of the time isn't really helping.

Reactions: AV_12 and TBrown
Kinda funny how people want to assume guys who took steroids (not that I care) but nobody talks about Edgar Martinez who had one .900 OPS season and one .500 slugging percentage till his age 32 season 🤷🏻‍♀️🤷🏻‍♀️🤷🏻‍♀️
Edgar through age 31 in 2,638 PA: .460 SLG
Edgar ages 32-38 in 4,477 PA: .574 SLG

Hmmmmmmmm
PEDs

Jesus Vizquel getting 42% of the vote is a travesty. Unbelievable people think he’s a HOF

I fail to understand the logic of putting one of your worst hitters lead off. I know we really don't have that prototype leadoff but I think Ozzie has some of those traits. Switch hitter with plus speed but he is such a free swinger and gets the fence in his eyes a awful lot. Maybe Pache or thinking longer term Waters might be the guy but for now the options are Ender, Ozzie, Dansby or Acuna. Give me Acuna

Oh an old fave. The Andruw debate.

Him not being in the hall means five tool players are not as highly regarded as folks like to chide about. Before he was 30, and keep in mind he entered the league as a teenager (as well know per his historic WS appearance), he was just a special baseball player.

Andruw is punished for a couple things imho. He diminished greatly after 30, but kept playing, because I think he didn't take juice and he had been playing 12 years in CF with total disregard for his body... I swear every night he caught two balls that not only saved runs but no one else gets to. No one. And this typically ended up with him diving or slamming his body into an outfield wall. Second, he is punished because of his batting avg. Yeah, it's not elite. But if want to take guys out of the hall for a couple things, we can start making lists of all the guys that are in the hall today.

From '97 to '07 he hit 25+ HR each season. .823 career OPS. 10 straight gold gloves. Five time AS. Should have been the MVP in '05 but Pujols had a monster year. Third best WAR from '98 to '07.

After he was 30 he started less than 70 games in CF. His body just fell apart from an elite baseball standard.

The guy pitching here will tell ya all day every day that a huge reason he's in the Hall because this dude was in CF behind him a large portion of his career.

Reactions: TBrown
After signing McCann and Markakis, it’s starting to look like we’re goinf to go the cheap route again. Other than Donaldson, we’ve done nothing to help us contend in October while the phils and Nats are getting much better

The first unanimous hall of famer in the history of baseball is a guy who got three outs at a time

WHAT A TRAVESTY

When’s the next cast?

We will record Thursday night and post it Friday morning. I gotta work the first half of the Tennessee game so I won’t be able to watch it fully til later that night then I’ll be able to watch everything.

Reactions: Wickman

VN Store

Back