The Atlanta Braves Thread

Enlighten me please.
1) They've already got a big deal in place with MLB to broadcast games for years to come. 2) MLB pretty much shutdown "Superstation" TV deals about 15-20 years ago. The owners thought it diluted local markets. So, now we're all stuck with a bunch of JV sports channels and archaic blackout rules on MLB packages. Nobody handles new technology worse than baseball.

Yeah I believe Warner Bro owns TBS and Sinclair signed an exclusive broadcast agreement for regional mlb teams, but not digital rights for all teams so it’s a full-on cluster of a dumpster fire now.

I’m super happy to see McGriff finally make it
I’ll be there for the induction and many more to follow hopefully. I only live a couple hours from Cooperstown and have made it over a few times already. I treated myself to the Lifetime Membership last year. If anyone is ever up this way and wants to make a trip to the Hall let me know.

1) They've already got a big deal in place with MLB to broadcast games for years to come. 2) MLB pretty much shutdown "Superstation" TV deals about 15-20 years ago. The owners thought it diluted local markets. So, now we're all stuck with a bunch of JV sports channels and archaic blackout rules on MLB packages. Nobody handles new technology worse than baseball.

Watching the Braves on TBS and the Cubs on WGN back in the day was so much fun. Miss those days

I’d be fine with the radio guys getting a promotion but you know it won’t be that simple. Get ready for Brian Jordan and Frenchy, or rather Brian Jordan with Nick Green filling in for a perpetually AWOL Frenchy.

Has Glavine quit entirely? If we have to promote tv people I‘d rather have Kelly Crull do play by play than whatever cluster the suits have in mind.

It’s like Jeopardy! failing to just give the nod to Ken. You have to rip the right answer out of the dead hands of these asshats.

Reactions: raw dog
I’ll be there for the induction and many more to follow hopefully. I only live a couple hours from Cooperstown and have made it over a few times already. I treated myself to the Lifetime Membership last year. If anyone is ever up this way and wants to make a trip to the Hall let me know.
I can’t wait to get there one day, brother

Everybody that goes always talks about how great it is. I really need to make the trip one time.

Unsurprisingly, this seems to have created a bunch of drama down there. Folks took exception to the pimp job and Ronald’s dad apparently threatened people, including reporters, after the game, his brother got involved in some vulgar social media criticism of fans, etc. and after the game Ronald said he’s “retiring” from the Venezuelan league.

Unsurprisingly, this seems to have created a bunch of drama down there. Folks took exception to the pimp job and Ronald’s dad apparently threatened people, including reporters, after the game, his brother got involved in some vulgar social media criticism of fans, etc. and after the game Ronald said he’s “retiring” from the Venezuelan league.
Probably a good call.

lol I just watched the clip

I can why some would take a little exception to that

Fun police in here. Pretty sure I saw a couple of BaseVols trots that weren't too far off that.
I’ve defended him as much as anyone in here( *see when that Punk Flaherty hit him), but that would definitely lead to some issues in a real game.

Save that for an NLCS series clinching grand slam off of Diaz. Aside from that or a similar WS situation, you deserve to get smoked.

Could Ernie Johnson be a dark horse candidate to replace Chip Caray in the broadcast booth?

He might be getting tired of Charles Barkley and Shaquille O"Neal hogging all the air time on the NBA pre and post game shows.

VN Store

Back