The Atlanta Braves Thread

All y’all boys are the divorced wives that won’t stop talking about the husband that divorced you
They are, but when one of his current teammates says "It’s a pretty special team over here, too. I think whenever he gets comfortable over here, he’ll really enjoy it," it still is an interesting statement. That's a nice way of saying "Geez - this dude is still shook about leaving his old team?"

Ohtani went from like a top 20 starter to a top 10 starter all while still producing a .400 xwOBA…what a freak
Not sure we'll ever see a player like this again.
And he plays on a team, along with Mike Trout, that wins absolutely nothing. It's astonishing. They are 6-6 in games in which Ohtani has pitched.

"The Angels get 7 strong innings from Shohei Ohtani, allowing only 1 run, Mike Trout goes 3-4 with a HR and 2 RBIs, Angels lose 5-3."

And he plays on a team, along with Mike Trout, that wins absolutely nothing. It's astonishing.

"The Angels get 7 strong innings from Shohei Ohtani, allowing only 1 run, Mike Trout goes 3-4 with a HR and 2 RBIs, Angels lose 5-3."

That's the part that's so crazy about it. Guess it shows baseball is more of an all around team sport even if you have 2 all time greats

That's the part that's so crazy about it. Guess it shows baseball is more of an all around team sport even if you have 2 all time greats
Baseball is probably the ultimate team sport. I think it is impossible for a player (or even a couple of players), even if they put up incredible numbers, to singlehandedly change the fortunes of a team to any significant degree.

Ohtani, as good as he is, pitches once every 5 days and is 1 of 9 hitters. In basketball Giannis plays nearly every night and usually for around 80% of the minutes. The allegory for baseball would be if Ohtani pitched almost every day and was able to occupy 6 or 7 spots in their batting order.

The question is assuming Ohtani stays healthy through 2023 is what kind of money is he gonna make. $400M? You’re essentially paying for a top ten starter (which is around $150M-$175M) and a top 10-15 hitter (which is around $200-$250M). Not too mention he’s going to be entering his age 29 year and he’s a star.

The question is assuming Ohtani stays healthy through 2023 is what kind of money is he gonna make. $400M? You’re essentially paying for a top ten starter (which is around $150M-$175M) and a top 10-15 hitter (which is around $200-$250M). Not too mention he’s going to be entering his age 29 year and he’s a star.
1 yr/$8M

I’m taking it to the house brother. Dual income, been saving diligently for 20 years. No kids or major expenses.

I do plan to do a little side work in automotive restoration and customization, though. Move a couple cars a year.
All vettes? Or are you gonna dabble in a little bit of everything?

VN Store

Back