The Atlanta Braves Thread

I swear, every time I see Wes Rucker's face, I want to punch it
Wes is that smug, "I'm cooler than everyone else because I've read a bunch of books you've never heard of" literature nerd from high school.

He gets roasted on Twitter incessantly for it because his audience is a bunch of redneck, unhinged Vol fans, and it's absolutely hilarious. He brings that same smug attitude but he's writing about sports.

If you don’t like Danny White that’s a YOU problem

I still wonder sometimes how we were able to convince him to come here.

I know Boyd and Plowman had a lot to do with it, but he had a cush, cush job at UCF making great money with lower expectations, plus comes from a connected family that likely would have opened up opportunities other than Tennessee at some point in his future.

Reactions: TBrown
I still wonder sometimes how we were able to convince him to come here.

I know Boyd and Plowman had a lot to do with it, but he had a cush, cush job at UCF making great money with lower expectations, plus comes from a connected family that likely would have opened up opportunities other than Tennessee at some point in his future.
Opportunity to be a legend

Out of the five sports I actually watch/care about on some level (men/women’s basketball, football, baseball, softball) he already has three well established coaches (Vitello, Barnes, Weeklys) and Harper doesn’t seem to be a disaster, so as long as he can restore football he should be in great shape. He’s incredibly smart and cunning and forward thinking. And doesn’t tolerate BS.

All kidding aside, Danny Dubs seems to know what he’s doing
For right or wrong he has alienated some big money. Keeps them relatively in the dark, basically an extension of the way the coaching search was handled. They of course don’t like this, so there will be a power struggle. I kinda mentioned this a couple weeks back. Our boosters are kind of tools so I get it, BUT they are a necessary evil. For example, boosters are handling every baseball expense. Without them, university doesn’t dump 40 million into baseball. Just something to monitor.

For right or wrong he has alienated some big money. Keeps them relatively in the dark, basically an extension of the way the coaching search was handled. They of course don’t like this, so there will be a power struggle. I kinda mentioned this a couple weeks back. Our boosters are kind of tools so I get it, BUT they are a necessary evil. For example, boosters are handling every baseball expense. Without them, university doesn’t dump 40 million into baseball. Just something to monitor.
Winning cures all. If DW brings in some good returns on their moeny, theyll be back.

VN Store

Back