The Atlanta Braves Thread

In hindsight, we should’ve let Ozuna walk and thanked him for his service after his wife sent him to shadow realm with a frying pan
Hindsight? I was first on the beat for ol frying pan face. You got real problems if that’s happening and they don’t just got away

Crazy how things have changed from a year ago. Last year we had Duvall out there, worst case Ozuna, but he was hitting a HR every 2 pitches. Now we are begging for a guy that hit .200 last year and is currently sitting at a robust .000 in big league at bats this year.
Austin Riley is one cold spell away from equaling Johan’s age 24 OPS+ only John wasn’t the worst defensive player in spikes

Which is unfortunate. This team is going to waste prime years of Freddie and Ronald aren't they?

I wouldn’t say we wasted prime Freddie. We’ve made the playoffs 3 times with him in his prime. And in 2017 he missed two months. Ronnie? We will see. I still like our future in terms of players and system.

I wouldn’t say we wasted prime Freddie. We’ve made the playoffs 3 times with him in his prime. And in 2017 he missed two months. Ronnie? We will see. I still like our future in terms of players and system.
Prospects are just that though Prospects. No guarantee they work out.
Just in recent memory, do you think the Cubs are made they traded Torres? You think the Nats are mad about trading Giolito for Eaton? How about Houston trading for Verlander?

Prospects are just that though Prospects. No guarantee they work out.
Just in recent memory, do you think the Cubs are made they traded Torres? You think the Nats are mad about trading Giolito for Eaton? How about Houston trading for Verlander?

I’m not arguing about trading prospects for proven players. Trust me I agree with you on that. I’m just saying that despite this year I’m not worried about the future overall.

I’m not arguing about trading prospects for proven players. Trust me I agree with you on that. I’m just saying that despite this year I’m not worried about the future overall.
Its just hard for me to be excited about the future because you never know if a prospect is going to be Acuna or Olivera.

Its just hard for me to be excited about the future because you never know if a prospect is going to be Acuna or Olivera.

Olivera wasn’t a prospect he was 30 ha but I get it.

We actually are almost batting 1.000 on hitting prospects. I think Pache will be a good MLB player even if he never becomes a good hitter (I’d take 90 wRC+ from him for the next couple years with his defense). I’m starting to buy into Waters but still hesitant. I’m all in on Shea and Harris. And then Contreras is a legit MLB bat. That will play anywhere. Pitching wise? We will see.

AA should hire Frank Wren and tell him to just construct a bullpen
TBH, if they would move some guys around. I think we could build a decent one in house. Bryse, Kyle, De La Cruz to the pen. Subtract Edgar, Luke Tomlin.
Give Shane the 9th and matchup the 7th/8th with Will and Martin

VN Store

Back