The Atlanta Braves Thread

JG will be recruited over and if not we are in trouble. He is average to good but he has absolutely zero awareness in the pocket. And it will continue to bite us.

Flame away or put me on ignore, but as always...

FACTS CITY

THANKS

This is a fact. More people are finally realizing this, or admitting it

He gives a 100% every game, but he isn't the answer

This is a fact. More people are finally realizing this, or admitting it

He gives a 100% every game, but he isn't the answer

Just because he’s not likely to be the answer in 2020 doesn’t mean he’s not probably the best option we’ve got right now. These are different questions.

If KC had another year left, I'd be fine with him starting. He's got what JG hasn't, which is previous experience AND adequate coaching while at Stanford. Pruitt's gotta find out what he's got going forward and JG needs the opportunity to prove what he has or doesn't have. I know why Pruitt brought KC in, I just don't know why KC came to UT, unless he just wanted one more year of college football.

Just because he’s not likely to be the answer in 2020 doesn’t mean he’s not probably the best option we’ve got right now. These are different questions.
Theres your answer right there. This typical fan, backup QB BS is dumb. If there was a better option available, he'd be getting snaps by now.

Reactions: TBrown
lol “blew out his knee” it’s not 1979. That’s not a career ending injury in this century.

Whatever man, you saw the darts he threw last weekend (save me the prevent defense excuse). If you don’t think he can throw a WR screen I am wasting my time.
Blew out his knee, came back probably too early, wasn’t very good and then got told “I love you but I’m not IN love with you” by Shaw.

You say he threw darts (also while immediately saying don’t mention part of the reason it happened) but the first TD drive he was in for was the result of really well designed plays by the OC. They weren’t reads or checks at the line, they had one option and they were open. If JG is still standing up, he easily makes the same throws.

Blew out his knee, came back probably too early, wasn’t very good and then got told “I love you but I’m not IN love with you” by Shaw.

You say he threw darts (also while immediately saying don’t mention part of the reason it happened) but the first TD drive he was in for was the result of really well designed plays by the OC. They weren’t reads or checks at the line, they had one option and they were open. If JG is still standing up, he easily makes the same throws.
He makes the read instantly and gets rid of the ball. If you can’t see the value of that, even after 4th and 10, I am wasting my time. We need a QB who makes the read and reacts with the current make up of our line. I don’t see why I am ostracized for viewing it this way.

It’s not just his indecision, he lacks awareness. He could’ve tucked and had a great chance of extending the final drive. He is a statue back there, that’s why he takes so many damn hits. That’s a big problem but please y’all keep getting worked up over 27 completions for 2 bills and a whooping 5 yards per attempt

Theres your answer right there. This typical fan, backup QB BS is dumb. If there was a better option available, he'd be getting snaps by now.

That's the sad part. We are stuck watching JG start in a water downed offense for 2 more years.

If he is bad as you seem to think, then presumably Shrout will overtake him in the off season.

If he’s as bad as stated in here, the whole football administration (from the coaches to the secretaries to the GAs) should be fired for running him out there every game with such better options. Big difference in 3-5 and 6-2.

If he is bad as you seem to think, then presumably Shrout will overtake him in the off season.

His record as a starting QB record isn't good. I know his fans want to blame everything and everyone but him, but he just doesn't have the mental makeup for this level.

If he is the best option, then that says a lot about the other QB's on the team

He makes the read instantly and gets rid of the ball. If you can’t see the value of that, even after 4th and 10, I am wasting my time. We need a QB who makes the read and reacts with the current make up of our line. I don’t see why I am ostracized for viewing it this way.
Since when is disagreeing the same as ostracizing? You think we’d be better with KC, I disagree and we’ll never really know who is right.

I really think he can be more than adequate if given something resembling an average offensive line.

His O-line isn't helping for sure. I listened to the game on the Vol network. Tim said more than once JG holds on to the ball too long on the longer passing routes.

You'd think this would be something coaches could correct during practice.

VN Store

Back