The Atlanta Braves Thread

Still have to have a chance to make a move. There will be surprise teams and many others trying to shed money.
I don't think that many deals will be made on August 31st and the fantasy baseball leagues will be exciting to participate in and watch with a lean schedule on tap.

I would like to see Anaheim and Atlanta in the World Series.

I don't think that many deals will be made on August 31st and the fantasy baseball leagues will be exciting to participate in and watch with a lean schedule on tap.

I would like to see Anaheim and Atlanta in the World Series.

And watch Julio pitch a shutout in game 7?
You know that's what would happen, lol

How reliable and available are the antibody tests? Are we even sure you can’t be reinfected?
The antibody tests are becoming more available, but everything beyond that is still unknown. A company here in NC/SC called The Blood Connection offers free antibody screening with your blood donation and The American Red Cross is offering that now for a limited time.

Reactions: TBrown
Tell that to jeff bagwell
He’s one of the best examples of the steroid era. He was considered a power hitter, but he barely had even gotten to 30 in a season during his prime until the late 90s and suddenly he’s hitting 40 playing half his games in the Astrodome.

From what I remember, the Astrodome had a ton of foul territory, big dimensions, the ball didn’t carry and it was dim.

Last edited:
He’s one of the best examples of the steroid era. He was considered a power hitter, but he barely had even gotten to 30 in a season during his prime until the late 90s and suddenly he’s hitting 40 playing half his games in the Astrodome.

From what I remember, the Astrodome had a ton of foul territory, big dimensions, the ball didn’t carry and it was dim.
I was behind him at a security check at LaGuardia a few years ago. He was tiny compared to his playing days. Was startling.

My father (Marquis) was and still is a man of simple tastes. He didn't particularly care what kind of grill he had, as long as it was charcoal. He always said that the flavor of charcoal was much better than propane. I believed him because he's my dad. But he'd usually have a basic, cheap charcoal grill that you could get at Walmart. He had one thing he'd add to enhance the flavor: garlic salt. Sprinkle some on the coals just before they're ready for the meat, and the smell will permeate through the neighborhood. We'd have neighbors come over to ask about the smell of what we're grilling, what secret marinade we were using (usually none), that sort of thing. He's upgraded to a better quality grill now (a pretty nice Char-Broil), but he's still a charcoal purist.

He passed that down to me and to my younger brother. We both will only use charcoal (basic Kingsford coals and basic lighter fluid), with garlic salt on the coals. It creates its own flavor, but it also complements whatever marinade you use.

Charcoal is the way God intended man to grill. Propane sucks.

👁 👀 👁

VN Store

Back