The Atlanta Braves Thread

Every other sport isn’t arguing about money openly at all. damage is just about done already IMO
That’s because NBA and NHL were at the end of their seasons anyway and NFL has time to figure things out. Nobody has as much at stake as MLB just due to the timing of it all.

That’s because NBA and NHL were at the end of their seasons anyway and NFL has time to figure things out. Nobody has as much at stake as MLB just due to the timing of it all.
I get that, but there were still games missed and not a word was mentioned. Mlb went out of their way to leak info to the public on both sides to start this mess

I get that, but there were still games missed and not a word was mentioned. Mlb went out of their way to leak info to the public on both sides to start this mess
Oh, it's definitely a series of intentional leaks. The players thought they had a deal back in March to just play at prorated salaries and the owners seemingly decided to try and use this to rein in spending and the games began. I fully expect Trump to do a swan dive into the middle of this if there's no agreement in the next week or so.

Reactions: ArdentVol
Oh, it's definitely a series of intentional leaks. The players thought they had a deal back in March to just play at prorated salaries and the owners seemingly decided to try and use this to rein in spending and the games began. I fully expect Trump to do a swan dive into the middle of this if there's no agreement in the next week or so.
Of course he will. Publicity whore.

I truly think that Drew Brees is a quality person. There’s more than enough evidence to show all the good he’s done in New Orleans throughout his career, but man he’s got some major fence mending to do inside his locker room.

I truly think that Drew Brees is a quality person. There’s more than enough evidence to show all the good he’s done in New Orleans throughout his career, but man he’s got some major fence mending to do inside his locker room.
Drew Brees can say what he wants and do what he wants just like any other American. Anyone who points a finger at him better have as much of a humanitarian background as he does.

Drew Brees can say what he wants and do what he wants just like any other American. Anyone who points a finger at him better have as much of a humanitarian background as he does.
So that makes him less of a hypocrite? Yes he has an opinion just like everyone one, but don’t just try to fit in with the trend on Tuesday then say what he said today. If that’s how he feels, then don’t waiver just because everyone is doing it

So that makes him less of a hypocrite? Yes he has an opinion just like everyone one, but don’t just try to fit in with the trend on Tuesday then say what he said today. If that’s how he feels, then don’t waiver just because everyone is doing it
Drew backs it up unlike 93% of those who made themselves feel better by posting a black box. He lives it, I don’t think it’s fair for people of New Orleans to start chanting “F*** Drew Brees” and others to call him racist. He may not get it, being white it’s impossible to get. But give me the guy who makes his community better over fake ass Aaron Rodgers, who largely serves himself, any day. Hell, he just cut a 5 million dollar check to his city a couple weeks back and now this. It’s misplaced, Brees is a really good dude.

It is a very, very slippery slope when you label people who are very clearly not racist, a racist.
Very. It’s a serious accusation, shouldn’t be thrown around lightly. Calling someone racist is essentially calling them one of the lowest forms of life.

What gets me re: Brees is people saying he does the bare minimum. That’s is straight ********. They are looking at words and not actions. It’s completely backwards.

I don’t think he is racist and do think the backlash, like anything else in this time we live in has been overblown.
It was more of a time of events issue. Just wasn’t a good look no matter your opinion on kneeling Or the effort of Kap in retrospect.

I don’t think he is racist and do think the backlash, like anything else in this time we live in has been overblown.
It was more of a time of events issue. Just wasn’t a good look no matter your opinion on kneeling Or the effort of Kap in retrospect.
I do agree, it’s bad timing to make that stand. Not sure how it got to that point, if someone ask him or if he randomly volunteered it. Gotta be smarter than that, but I don’t think he did anything wrong.

It’s just sucks, man. All of it.

I do agree, it’s bad timing to make that stand. Not sure how it got to that point, if someone ask him or if he randomly volunteered it. Gotta be smarter than that, but I don’t think he did anything wrong.

It’s just sucks, man. All of it.
His response to a direct question about it:

“I will never agree with anybody disrespecting the flag of the United States of America or our country," Brees said. "Is everything right with our country right now? No, it is not. We still have a long way to go. But I think what you do by standing there and showing respect to the flag with your hand over your heart, is it shows unity."

Most folks are only quoting the first sentence and when you read the whole thing there is more context and obvious sentiment coming from Brees. Having said that, he still seems to be stuck on the idea that there is absolutely no way whatsoever for someone to show respect if they are not standing at attention with their hand over their heart. Considering how/who the original idea for Kap to kneel (instead of sitting on the bench) came from I just don't get why Brees would be so tied to that stance.

His response to a direct question about it:

“I will never agree with anybody disrespecting the flag of the United States of America or our country," Brees said. "Is everything right with our country right now? No, it is not. We still have a long way to go. But I think what you do by standing there and showing respect to the flag with your hand over your heart, is it shows unity."

Most folks are only quoting the first sentence and when you read the whole thing there is more context and obvious sentiment coming from Brees. Having said that, he still seems to be stuck on the idea that there is absolutely no way whatsoever for someone to show respect if they are not standing at attention with their hand over their heart. Considering how/who the original idea for Kap to kneel (instead of sitting on the bench) came from I just don't get why Brees would be so tied to that stance.
99.9% of people reacting did not read the context, quote or listen. Aka the problem

VN Store

Back